a charge imposed and collected
levy
clout
maximum
amortization

Different between continue to work or continue working

on the verge of and to be about to | Phrase: Why didn't you turn up for work yesterday?
Different between continue to work or continue working #1 (permalink) Sat May 02, 2009 17:28 pm   Different between continue to work or continue working

:D what is different between continue to work or continue working. thanks
Sonda

verb #2 (permalink) Sat May 02, 2009 17:51 pm   verb

Hi Sonda,

'Continue to do something' suggests you have first stopped as in: We stopped when we heard the explosion and after that we continued to work.

'Continue doing something' suggests you don't stop but carry on with what you were doing as in: We heard the explosion but still continued working.

PS Note the spelling: What is the difference berween ...?
_________________

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
when we use the adv absolutely to modify for adjs?Analysing language - problem defining meaning.Usage of criteria, ethnic, fund, goal, guideline, inspect, intepret, legislate...Paragraph: Forecasting is used to generate information products that aid in...Meaning of integrateMeaning of "operational details"Usage of future tenseDifference between 'will' and 'would'Meaning of need notPhrase: The budget process encourages the various sections of an organization...Prefixes and suffixes: -dis, -un, -im, -in, -ir; -ful, -ness, -less, -ion, -y, -aMeaning of "Tim lapsed into a frosty silence"Infinitive without 'to': Mr Richardson did not agree that the budget be increased