unpredictable; irregular; unsettled
implacable
meticulous
provisional
erratic

TOEFLŪ essay: Some governments say how many children a family can have in their...

I'm going to take the TOEFLŪ 15th May. What exactly must I do for test prep? | TOEFLŪ Essay: Spend time with one or two close friends or with a large number...
TOEFL essay: Some governments say how many children a family can have in their... #1 (permalink) Mon May 04, 2009 18:37 pm   TOEFL essay: Some governments say how many children a family can have in their...

I am preparing myself for IELTS exam and need help in improving my essays. The text below is just the introduction part of subject. I will be glad if anyone helps me and tells me my mistakes and also their correct form. thanks in advance.

subject:Some governments say how many children a family can have in their country. They may control the number of children someone has through taxes. It is sometimes necessary and right for the government to control the population in this way.

My assay's introduction : Nowadays,population growth is considered as one of the major concerns of some governments.Among many developing solutions that could control the growth of population efficiently, the necessity of paying taxes on more children than allowed by government,has been argued frequently in recent years.Different people from different educational backgrounds hold different perspectives.When it comes to me,I have to say that I disagree with this solution, because of the following reasons.

end of introduction

TOEFL listening lectures: A university lecture on Modern World History
Ehsanzarin

help me in assay writting #2 (permalink) Mon May 04, 2009 19:32 pm   help me in assay writting

Introduction - Good............ish.
_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemRead these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
TOEFL essay: Some governments say how many children a family can have in their... #3 (permalink) Tue May 05, 2009 0:22 am   TOEFL essay: Some governments say how many children a family can have in their...

I don't get it, how this forum http://handbagsforum.goldpiecexl.com can help me and the others, about essays?
DarkEdition

TOEFL essay: Some governments say how many children a family can have in their... #4 (permalink) Tue May 05, 2009 6:36 am   TOEFL essay: Some governments say how many children a family can have in their...

Hello everyone and specially Kitosdad!
Thanks for your reply.Today I have written another introduction.I will be glad if you study it and tell me my mistakes and also give me some more points about how to improve myself in this field better and better because I want a high score in IELTS writing.

Subject: Millions of people every year move to English-speaking countries such as Australia,Britain or America,in order to study at school , college or university.
Why do so many people want to study in English?

Introduction:
Does moving to English-speaking countries and studying in English provide high advantages?Different people will give different responses to this question from their own characters,emotional concerns and even educational backgrounds.However,as far as I am concerned, i believe that studying in English has lots of advantages for the following reasons.

End of introduction.
Ehsanzarin

TOEFL essay: Some governments say how many children a family can have in thei #5 (permalink) Tue May 05, 2009 12:17 pm   TOEFL essay: Some governments say how many children a family can have in thei

Does moving to an English-speaking country and studying in English there really provide greater advantages?

Different people will give different responses to this question from their own point of view, which can sometimes be slanted with their own emotional concerns and even educational backgrounds.

However,as far as I am concerned,I believe that studying in an English speaking country does have a lot of advantages for the following reasons.

Try that. Kitosdad.
_________________

TOEFL essay: Some governments say how many children a family can have in thei #6 (permalink) Tue May 05, 2009 12:33 pm   TOEFL essay: Some governments say how many children a family can have in thei

Nowadays, the need to contain the population explosion is considered as one of the primary concerns of some governments.

Amongst the many solutions that have been discussed and considered in recent years, has been the imposition of a higher tax band on people who exceed the Governments
guideline on this matter.

Different people from different educational backgrounds hold different perspectives on this idea.

My personal opinion is to strongly disagree with this solution, because of the following reasons.
_________________

a few question about your replies #7 (permalink) Tue May 05, 2009 18:21 pm   a few question about your replies

Thanks a lot for your detailed responses.
But I have a few questions that are not clear for me.
1.My personal opinion is to strongly disagree with this solution.
I don't understand what grammar rule this sentence has used.
2.Don't you think that using expression population explosion is a little exaggeration.Do you think using this kind of expressions in IELTS exams is normal? think
Ehsanzarin

a few question about your replies #8 (permalink) Tue May 05, 2009 18:22 pm   a few question about your replies

Ehsanzarin

a few question about your replies #9 (permalink) Wed May 06, 2009 6:08 am   a few question about your replies

Good morning Ehsanzarin,

Don't you think that using expression population explosion is a little exaggeration ?

Not really, given the fact that some governments are desperate to control the ever increasing birth rates in their country, hence the imposition of heavy taxing. Explosion does seem apt.

As to whether it is a normal expression in IELTS exams. I've no idea, nor does it concern me.

The purpose of MY essay would be to express MY opinion in MY words, and if it did not meet the approval of the examiners, then I would judge their opinion as contrary to mine, and nothing more.

It doesn't follow that they would not welcome a change of pace and thinking over the usual repetitive essays they have to sit through with boring regularity.

It's an essay, expressing YOUR opinion. Let it be so !
_________________

TOEFLŪ essay sample: Honesty is the best policy in any situation.Unfair treatment iBT TOEFLŪAnywhere for TOEFLŪ ITPTOEFLŪ essay: Many people have a close relationship with their pets.TOEFLŪ essay: The Different Between Two Best FriendsTOEFLŪ essay: When people succeed in life, it is because of hard work.TOEFLŪ essay: Some countries allow their students to do jobs as teenagerTOEFLŪ essay: Would you rather be self-employed, work for someone else, or own...TOEFLŪ essay: Do people spent less time on leisure because the use of modern...?CV: Professional objective - A student in KSU in The Translator field.TOEFLŪ essay: People are no longer allowed to smoke in many public places...Hard homework: Criteria; Ethnic; Fund; Goal; Guideline; Inspect; Intepret...TOEFLŪ essay: The Internet is the most important invention ever