cement; something tangible (idea, object, etc.)
concrete
recommendation
collection
sum

in the meantime vs for the meantime

Usage About "never" | When we you 'most' and 'most of'?
in the meantime vs for the meantime #1 (permalink) Wed May 13, 2009 14:53 pm   in the meantime vs for the meantime

hi. i hope someone can help. i just want to know which is appropriate to use. "in the meantime" or "for the meantime".

are both acceptable or is using the preposition "for" in this expression incorrect?

thank you.
Dianeganda

in the meantime vs for the meantime #2 (permalink) Wed May 13, 2009 14:56 pm   in the meantime vs for the meantime

" in the meantime " is the more commonly used phrase Dianeganda.
_________________

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
in the meantime vs for the meantime #3 (permalink) Wed May 13, 2009 15:07 pm   in the meantime vs for the meantime

so both are acceptable, but the prior is more commonly used. Thank you. :)
Dianeganda

Differences between 'could-manage' and 'could-was able to'Usage of deterred and attractedhave known OR I know's, of, off, from?Linger and hoverMeaning of "break down" and "digest quickly"What is the antonym Sound sleep/ Deep Sleep?spreading them evenlyHave you heard 'Before we die, we know we still got one chance'?What does "I love you" really mean in fact?Usage of "Phone"what is the meaning of "make sense"?Bare Infinitive after see, hear, watch and notice