to provide medical treatment; to fix; to repair; to mend
require
doctor
span
hurry

What does 'hold over' mean?

Meaning of Firsthand (At first hand) | reluctant vs avoiding
What does 'hold over' mean? #1 (permalink) Thu May 14, 2009 4:24 am   What does 'hold over' mean?

English Idioms and Expressions, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #7 "Hold on", question 5

I don't know what it is exactly but she seems to have some kind of hold over him.

(a) control over
(b) look over
(c) trust over
(d) belief over

ESL/EFL Test #7 "Hold on", answer 5

I don't know what it is exactly but she seems to have some kind of control over him.

Correct answer: (a) control over

I don't know what it is exactly but she seems to have some kind of look over him.
_________________________

Hold over What does it mean?
Miky

What does 'hold over' mean? #2 (permalink) Thu May 14, 2009 4:53 am   What does 'hold over' mean?

" Hold over What does it mean?"

Exactly as the answer states. " She has a control over him." He is afraid of her/ in awe of her/ in love with her ....... she leads him by the nose.
_________________

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
Phrase: "...about what should be done about immigration?"Expression: "Yes, I'll hold"Meaning of "waited on" and "waited in"What does "slog region" mean?Shouldn't it be Chris ... want his wife to join him?What is the meaning of "mussel"?What is the meaning of loitering?The supreme court will hear a case if it meets what criteria?Idiom "back on our feet"What does aisles mean?Odds and ends?What does priceless mean?What does go down on one knee mean?