to fix in place; to link firmly together; to be held in place
accomplish
lock
scale
introduce

reluctant vs avoiding

What does 'hold over' mean? | What is the meaning of "mussel"?
reluctant vs avoiding #1 (permalink) Thu May 14, 2009 14:36 pm   reluctant vs avoiding

ESL/EFL Test #555 "The Physical Supply Chain", question 4

The system is uncertain for the supplier because the payment receipt date is unknown, yet powerful customers are ......... to invest in providing a more certain system because it is the supplier that receives the benefit.

(a) averse
(b) avoiding
(c) recalcitrant
(d) reluctant

ESL/EFL Test #555 "The Physical Supply Chain", answer 4

The system is uncertain for the supplier because the payment receipt date is unknown, yet powerful customers are reluctant to invest in providing a more certain system because it is the supplier that receives the benefit.

Correct answer: (d) reluctant
_________________________

why don't we choose avoiding?
Sasooo

reluctant vs avoiding #2 (permalink) Thu May 14, 2009 14:47 pm   reluctant vs avoiding

.
'Avoid to + infinitive' is not a correct English structure.
.
_________________

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
"It's tried and true" vs "It's tried and fast"Phrase: "...about what should be done about immigration?"Expression: "Yes, I'll hold"Meaning of "waited on" and "waited in"What does "slog region" mean?Shouldn't it be Chris ... want his wife to join him?What is the meaning of loitering?The supreme court will hear a case if it meets what criteria?Idiom "back on our feet"What does aisles mean?Odds and ends?What does priceless mean?What does go down on one knee mean?