to copy; to photograph; to snapshot
discount
clear
capture
registering

What is the meaning of loitering?

At last vs. at least | Phrase: "...about what should be done about immigration?"
What is the meaning of loitering? #1 (permalink) Thu May 14, 2009 17:53 pm   What is the meaning of loitering?

ESL/EFL Test #96 "Behaviour Guidline", question 9

All loitering is strictly prohibited on the ..........

(a) possessions
(b) pertinence
(c) promises
(d) premises

ESL/EFL Test #96 "Behaviour Guidline", answer 9

All loitering is strictly prohibited on the premises.

Correct answer: (d) premises
_________________________

what is meaning of loitering?

Mirko
Mirko

What is the meaning of loitering? #2 (permalink) Fri May 15, 2009 11:52 am   What is the meaning of loitering?

A loiterer is generally viewed as a person who is probably up to no good, intending to steal or commit some felonious act.

If you are seen to be loitering, there is a good chance that someone will phone the police regarding this.
_________________

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
What is the meaning of loitering? #3 (permalink) Fri May 15, 2009 12:38 pm   What is the meaning of loitering?

Mirko wrote:
what is meaning of loitering?

Hi Mirko,

Your question should read What does loitering mean? Or What is the meaning of loitering?

TOEIC listening, talks: Airplane pilot is welcoming passengers on board giving them information about flight

What is the meaning of loitering? #4 (permalink) Sat May 16, 2009 7:41 am   What is the meaning of loitering?

Hi Mirko,

'Loiter' often has the sense of staying in one place and waiting around. It is also frequently associated with the idea you are about to do something wrong. We have the expression 'loiter with intent' that is used by the police to arrest someone who looks as if they are intending to commit a crime.

_________________

What does inaccurate mean?What does "piles" mean?Difference between emigrate, immigrate and migrate?Some man or worman can like to drink large coffe and to eat cream with yogurt..."It's tried and true" vs "It's tried and fast"Expression: "Yes, I'll hold"Meaning of "waited on" and "waited in"What does "slog region" mean?Shouldn't it be Chris ... want his wife to join him?What is the meaning of "mussel"?reluctant vs avoidingWhat does 'hold over' mean?The supreme court will hear a case if it meets what criteria?