chance occurrence; unforeseen event
brake
taste
shipyard
coincidence

Shouldn't it be Chris ... want his wife to join him?

The supreme court will hear a case if it meets what criteria? | What does "slog region" mean?
Shouldn't it be Chris ... want his wife to join him? #1 (permalink) Fri May 15, 2009 2:28 am   Shouldn't it be Chris ... want his wife to join him?

ESL/EFL Test #595 "Real Life: Hiking and The Great Outdoors (1)", question 9

Chris really wants to his wife to join him on the hiking trip but she usually gets ......... sickness. The mountain he wants to tackle is very high and quite dangerous so she should probably stay home this weekend.

(a) altitude
(b) motion
(c) buffet
(d) car

ESL/EFL Test #595 "Real Life: Hiking and The Great Outdoors (1)", answer 9

Chris really wants to his wife to join him on the hiking trip but she usually gets altitude sickness. The mountain he wants to tackle is very high and quite dangerous so she should probably stay home this weekend.

Correct answer: (a) altitude

_________________________

Chris really wants to his wife to join him

Shouldn't it be Chris...want his wife to join him? You need to get rid of the first to.

Louisa
Louisa

Shouldn't it be Chris ... want his wife to join him? #2 (permalink) Fri May 15, 2009 10:29 am   Shouldn't it be Chris ... want his wife to join him?

Correct Louisa.
_________________

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Difference between emigrate, immigrate and migrate?Some man or worman can like to drink large coffe and to eat cream with yogurt..."It's tried and true" vs "It's tried and fast"Phrase: "...about what should be done about immigration?"Expression: "Yes, I'll hold"Meaning of "waited on" and "waited in"What is the meaning of "mussel"?What is the meaning of loitering?reluctant vs avoidingWhat does 'hold over' mean?Idiom "back on our feet"Odds and ends?This film vs. that film?