means of transport (car, bus, etc.); instrument; means; medium
glove
puzzle
vehicle
blanket

What does "slog region" mean?

Shouldn't it be Chris ... want his wife to join him? | Expression: "Yes, I'll hold"
What does "slog region" mean? #1 (permalink) Fri May 15, 2009 5:18 am   What does "slog region" mean?

ESL/EFL Test #595 "Real Life: Hiking and The Great Outdoors (1)", question 2

For outdoor enthusiasts, the ......... refers to an area that is remote, undeveloped and difficult to access. Most of these areas are considered off-limit regions because they can be dangerous and isolated.

(a) backcountry
(b) rear country
(c) trudge area
(d) slog region

ESL/EFL Test #595 "Real Life: Hiking and The Great Outdoors (1)", answer 2

For outdoor enthusiasts, the backcountry refers to an area that is remote, undeveloped and difficult to access. Most of these areas are considered off-limit regions because they can be dangerous and isolated.

Correct answer: (a) backcountry
_________________________

what do "slog region" mean?

Mirko
Mirko

What does "slog region" mean? #2 (permalink) Fri May 15, 2009 16:28 pm   What does "slog region" mean?

It doesn't mean anything, it's just a made up, fake choice to provide wrong answers for the test.

'To slog' means to walk with difficulty through difficult terrain, such as mud or snow.
_________________
Plan to be spontaneous tomorrow.
***
Did you hear they arrested the Energizer Bunny on battery charges?
***
Skrej

Location: Not-quite exact central USA

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Difference between emigrate, immigrate and migrate?Some man or worman can like to drink large coffe and to eat cream with yogurt..."It's tried and true" vs "It's tried and fast"Phrase: "...about what should be done about immigration?"Meaning of "waited on" and "waited in"What is the meaning of "mussel"?What is the meaning of loitering?reluctant vs avoidingWhat does 'hold over' mean?The supreme court will hear a case if it meets what criteria?Idiom "back on our feet"This film vs. that film?before vs although