enlargement; increase; spread; development
expansion
completion
base
prejudice

Phrase: "...about what should be done about immigration?"

What is the meaning of loitering? | "It's tried and true" vs "It's tried and fast"
Phrase: "...about what should be done about immigration?" #1 (permalink) Sat May 16, 2009 18:53 pm   Phrase: "...about what should be done about immigration?"

"What do I think about immigration? Well, I am in two ......... about should be done about immigration. I recognize that our country offers freedom that others don't have and I don't think it is unreasonable to try to attain freedom. However, if everyone was allowed to become a citizen, our infrastructure would likely fail," Velma told Eunice.

(a) cognitive dissonance
(b) minds
(c) worlds
(d) personalities

"What do I think about immigration? Well, I am in two minds about should be done about immigration. I recognize that our country offers freedom that others don't have and I don't think it is unreasonable to try to attain freedom. However, if everyone was allowed to become a citizen, our infrastructure would likely fail," Velma told Eunice.

Correct answer: (b) minds
_________________________

Should it not read:

Well, I'm in two.......about what should be done about immigration?
_________________
No comment
Shyone

Phrase: "...about what should be done about immigration?" #2 (permalink) Sat May 16, 2009 22:23 pm   Phrase: "...about what should be done about immigration?"

Is "in two minds" actually the phrase used in BrE?

Perhaps that's the accepted BrE variant of "of two minds", which would be the only correct form in AmE.

Yes, it does seem that 'what' is missing, regardless of the 'two minds' phrase.
_________________
Plan to be spontaneous tomorrow.
***
Did you hear they arrested the Energizer Bunny on battery charges?
***
Skrej

Location: Not-quite exact central USA

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
What does inaccurate mean?What does "piles" mean?Difference between emigrate, immigrate and migrate?Some man or worman can like to drink large coffe and to eat cream with yogurt...Expression: "Yes, I'll hold"Meaning of "waited on" and "waited in"What does "slog region" mean?Shouldn't it be Chris ... want his wife to join him?What is the meaning of "mussel"?reluctant vs avoidingWhat does 'hold over' mean?The supreme court will hear a case if it meets what criteria?What's the difference between 'you' and 'yourself'?