Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to fix in place; to link firmly together; to be held in place
accomplish
lock
scale
introduce
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

"It's tried and true" vs "It's tried and fast"

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Phrase: "...about what should be done about immigration?" | Some man or worman can like to drink large coffe and to eat cream with yogurt...
listening exercisestell a friend
"It's tried and true" vs "It's tried and fast" #1 (permalink) Mon May 18, 2009 8:32 am   "It's tried and true" vs "It's tried and fast"

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #720 "Real Life: Common Word Pairs in North America (1)", question 10

No way! I'm never going to sell this car. I've had it for twenty years and I've never had one problem with it. It's tried and ......... and I'm keeping it.

(a) true
(b) fast
(c) tied
(d) thick

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #720 "Real Life: Common Word Pairs in North America (1)", answer 10

No way! I'm never going to sell this car. I've had it for twenty years and I've never had one problem with it. It's tried and true and I'm keeping it.

Correct answer: (a) true

Your answer was: incorrect
No way! I'm never going to sell this car. I've had it for twenty years and I've never had one problem with it. It's tried and fast and I'm keeping it.

Why can't the answeer be fast car?

Mirko
Mirko

"It's tried and true" vs "It's tried and fast" #2 (permalink) Mon May 18, 2009 9:29 am   "It's tried and true" vs "It's tried and fast"

Here you are http://www.english-test.net/forum/ftopic37120.html
Dphvu

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
Phrase: "...about what should be done about immigration?" | Some man or worman can like to drink large coffe and to eat cream with yogurt...
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
Question tag: isn't she?What does inaccurate mean?What does "piles" mean?Difference between emigrate, immigrate and migrate?Expression: "Yes, I'll hold"Meaning of "waited on" and "waited in"What does "slog region" mean?Shouldn't it be Chris ... want his wife to join him?What is the meaning of "mussel"?What is the meaning of loitering?reluctant vs avoidingThe supreme court will hear a case if it meets what criteria?What's the difference between 'you' and 'yourself'?