chance; probability of advancement or success; hope; promise
career
motivation
gauge
prospect

Chapter 3. The muted rumble of distant traffic woke me from my sleep...

The word for today is :- GENEROSITY. | Roots of social behaviour
Chapter 3. The muted rumble of distant traffic woke me from my sleep... #1 (permalink) Sun May 24, 2009 17:40 pm   Chapter 3. The muted rumble of distant traffic woke me from my sleep...

Chapter 3.

The muted rumble of distant traffic woke me from my sleep. For a pleasant change I felt rested and alert. My thoughts travelled to the happenings of the previous night, but I could only clearly remember my brush with the law, and the totally unexpected help in the appearance of my friendly receptionist. I certainly had a lot to thank her for. I made a mental note to buy her a small gift when I went into town to keep my next appointment with Dr. Maybe.

After taking another shower and shaving myself, I dressed hurriedly and headed down the stairs. The manager was manning the reception desk now and he told me that the receptionist would be manning the desk from 10 pm this evening. Hailing a taxi I headed into town, but decided that I had sufficient time to grab a little breakfast before keeping my appointment with my doctor. My appetite seemed to have returned with a vengence and I ate a really hearty breakfast. I was feeling really good, but my feelings started to sink when I glanced at a newspaper which a previous customer had left on the opposite table.

" LOCAL MP MURDERED ", screamed the headlines. Somehow I felt that I knew something about what had occurred before even beginning to read any further, but I couldn't resist skimming through the report. The MP had been stabbed to death after leaving a late sitting in the House. Police had no immediate suspects, and it seemed to be a crime without motive. The MP's wallet was undisturbed and a very expensive Rolex watch had been totally ignored. Clearly the motive for this savage crime was not robbery. The local police and CID where at a loss to give any further information.
Shrugging off my apprehension I paid my bill and headed out to the doctors surgery.

The doctors receptionist waved me straight through to his private rooms. He greeted me with a hearty handshake and a cheery smile. " Good morning Tom, how are you feeling today then,?" was his opening comment.
" I'm feeling really good Doc. Last night I slept like a log, and this morning I had the first solid meal that I've had for weeks."
" That is good to hear Tom, then you'll be in good form for your session."
" Raring to go Doc," I replied.

He led me to a comfortable sofa and bade me to lie-down.
" I think we will give the hypnosis another try if that's OK with you Tom," he said.
" Fine with me Doc, I feel great after the last session. I think we are starting to finally get somewhere."
" OK Tom, just relax, close you eyes, and listen only to my voice."
This time the session wasn't going as smoothly, for as I started to drift off I began reliving my time in the Korean camp. Once again I was experiencing the torture that was inflicted upon me, but in the background I was aware of the doctors voice. Concentrating only on his voice I was alarmed to hear him apparently giving me instructions.
" He may be in the company of another man. I want you to kill them both " he quietly instructed. What the hell was going on here? Now I was really beginning to doubt my own sanity and hearing. I continued to lie still and calm, and allowed him to drone on, but my mind was elsewhere. Was this all really happening? ..................

ps. I would like some readers feed-back on this story. Any comments to make?

Kitosdad.
_________________

Chapter 3. The muted rumble of distant traffic woke me from my sleep... #2 (permalink) Sun May 24, 2009 20:51 pm   Chapter 3. The muted rumble of distant traffic woke me from my sleep...

You shine as bright as a sunflower on a windy day
you stand strong and don't let anything blow you away

Your heart has the beauty of a flower in many ways
you blossom and blossom
Every nigth, and every day..

Bill this is the title of my last lecture :" Do what you can ,with what you have ,where you are " !!

In the next week I'll present my lecture under this title :

" Great design = Wow + Grace".

We hope you will find everything to your satisfaction,Bill. :P

Good luck , :P
Hello

Location: UAE

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
Chapter 3. The muted rumble of distant traffic woke me from my sleep... #3 (permalink) Mon May 25, 2009 5:14 am   Chapter 3. The muted rumble of distant traffic woke me from my sleep...

Salam, I was wondering where you had gotten to. Thought you were on holiday, but I see you have been busy elsewhere. I wish you success with your lectures.

Bill.
_________________

Chapter 7. Things appeared to be going from bad to worse. Now I had not only...What are the most common every-day English words?The lights of my life.Please guide me about how to improve my written English.Chapter 6. I wanted to go out but Becky's voice had brought me back to reality...Chapter 5. Taking my remaining courage in both hands I looked straight into...Homework: An activity that's supposed to be the most activities I like...My writings: She hid her pain under her smile...Copyrights FearsFiction story: Never trust a strange one unless you prove it.Web hosting in Germany can be riskyTo those, living in Germany...What do you say? (People say between two opposed opinions the truth lies in...)