Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

stated briefly but clearly; clear and concise; short and to the point
succinct
temporary
irrelevant
committed
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Meaning of babysitter

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
What is the difference between shelter and fertilizer? | Meaning of 'all about'
listening exercisestell a friend
Meaning of babysitter #1 (permalink) Tue May 26, 2009 4:20 am   Meaning of babysitter

English Grammar Tests, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #126 "Real Life: Occupations (1)", question 4

My sister is a .......... She works in a bank and assists customers who want to borrow money. She provides them with interest rates and creates credit agreements.

(a) loans officer
(b) babysitter
(c) security guard
(d) sanitation worker

English Grammar Tests, Elementary Level

ESL/EFL Test #126 "Real Life: Occupations (1)", answer 4

My sister is a loans officer. She works in a bank and assists customers who want to borrow money. She provides them with interest rates and creates credit agreements.

Correct answer: (a) loans officer

what's mean babysitter?

Orky
Orky

Meaning of babysitter #2 (permalink) Tue May 26, 2009 13:06 pm   Meaning of babysitter

A babysitter is someone who tends other people's children while the people are not at home.

They usually receive payment for this.

Grandparents don't. :) :)

Kitos.

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
Meaning of babysitter #3 (permalink) Tue May 26, 2009 13:55 pm   Meaning of babysitter

Orky wrote:
what's mean babysitter? Orky

What does babysitter mean?

TOEIC listening, talks: Sports coach is giving his team pep talk during half-time of a match
Torsten
Learning Coach
Torsten Daerr

Meaning of babysitter #4 (permalink) Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:56 am   Meaning of babysitter

Kitosdad wrote:
A babysitter is someone who tends other people's children while the people are not at home.

They usually receive payment for this.

Grandparents don't. :) :)

Kitos.

Hi! Please help me. I have 2 kids (3 and 5 years old) which were never left alone, but this year I want to go in a short holiday (a week). I think to hire a babysitter, but I don't know what criteria to choose one. Please help me. Thanks!
Green1706

Meaning of babysitter #5 (permalink) Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:16 am   Meaning of babysitter

Take care!

A baby-sitter usually only tends your child for a few hours, not for a week.

I'd suggest that you make enquiries with a social services group. They are better placed to recommend someone.

Leaving your children with a stranger for a week is fraught with "danger".

What is the difference between shelter and fertilizer? | Meaning of 'all about'
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
What does unwittingly mean?What does 'go wild' mean?What is a southpaw?What does ivory mean?A cup of coffee?What does not only but also mean?What is the difference between appeared and supposed?What is the difference between but and because?What does embellish mean?Show off vs. show up?What what is the difference between enunciate and articulate?What does 'tied up' mean?What is coordinating conjunction?