substance burned to create energy (petrol, gasoline, gas, wood, coal, etc.)
appearance
apology
regard
fuel

Usage of Deo volente, Deo gratias, Dies Irae

Its essential that everyone should abide (for everyone to abide) by the law. | "I wondered if I could come round..." vs "I wonder if I could come
Usage of Deo volente, Deo gratias, Dies Irae #1 (permalink) Sun May 31, 2009 6:24 am   Usage of Deo volente, Deo gratias, Dies Irae

What about the root(s),and usage of :

Deo volente , Deo gratias , Dies Irae

I don't have nightmares about it , Sir Bill.
Hello

Location: UAE

Usage of Deo volente , Deo gratias , Dies Irae #2 (permalink) Sun May 31, 2009 8:36 am   Usage of Deo volente , Deo gratias , Dies Irae

Good morning Salam, I'm afraid that I have no idea. I am not of a religious bent, but I do hope that I am Christian in my attitude to others.

Bill.
_________________

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Usage of Deo volente , Deo gratias , Dies Irae #3 (permalink) Sun May 31, 2009 16:42 pm   Usage of Deo volente , Deo gratias , Dies Irae

Hello wrote:
What about the root(s),and usage of :

Deo volente , Deo gratias , Dies Irae

These are all Latin phrases, but originate in Greek.

Deo volente
Deo comes from the Latin root Deus, meaning God, volente from the latin root 'volens', willing.

Literally, "God willing' -(compare to Arabic 'Inshalallah' إن شاء الله)

Deo gratias
Again, Deo comes from 'Deus', and 'gratias' is the accusative form of 'gratia', from the verb 'gratior', meaning to give thanks, or praise.

Literally, 'thanks to God'.

Dies Irae

Dies is the Latin word for 'Day', 'Irae' from the Latin 'Ira' or 'anger or wrath'. (Compare English 'Irritate').

Literally, the Day of Wrath, or Judgment Day, the day in Christian belief where God himself will judge those who are worthy to enter Heaven, and those who are doomed to Hell.

Note that 'Deus', and 'gratia' are Latin words borrowed directly from Greek into Latin.
_________________
Plan to be spontaneous tomorrow.
***
Did you hear they arrested the Energizer Bunny on battery charges?
***
Skrej

Location: Not-quite exact central USA

Usage of Deo volente, Deo gratias, Dies Irae #4 (permalink) Sun May 31, 2009 18:53 pm   Usage of Deo volente, Deo gratias, Dies Irae

Many thanks for you Skrej.
Please, I want to know the pronunciation --pronounce phonetics -- of :

" Deo volente , Deo gratias, Dies Irae "

And thanks in advance.
Hello

Location: UAE

Meaning of "Wind on credit"Meaning and usage of "ain't"'We had a great time together' vs 'We were having great time'wind on ‘credit’It's not to my liking. vs It's not for my liking.experienced vs. proficient vs. competentPresent or past? (I went to India last year and had a very tasty dish I've never)Would you proofread my essay?there you go vs here you goCan use 'childhood' for human beings to show the period of time that they are...?... but don’t for one minute you believe that utter bullshitParagraph: Buying a new car takes thoughtful planning and a bunch of steps."the rest part" vs "the remaining part"