to speak angrily or bitterly; to protest forcefully; to rant
inveigh
abridge
reiterate
deplete

TOEFLŪ essay: Advantages and disadvantages of cold weather

TOEFLŪ Essay the cars had a greater effect on the society than the airplane | TOEFLŪ essay: Choose friend similar to yourseft or different from yourseft?
TOEFL essay: Advantages and disadvantages of cold weather #1 (permalink) Tue Jun 02, 2009 22:15 pm   TOEFL essay: Advantages and disadvantages of cold weather

I know that my writing sucks but I will try as much as I can no matter what you think. If there is a good soul there willing to help me and help me spotting the mistakes, I will be more than thankful.

COLD WEATHER: ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES
Spring or autumn, summer or winter; all people have their favourite season. Although we cannot change a season for other in the year; or only to live in half year and in the other part to sleep, such as a bear, we can plan our activities to do when we want, as a long we can. But what is a better weather to work? when would like working more?. Each season have their advantages or disadvantages. Read it and think it after.

Light clothes, sunshine and long days are characteristics of spring and summer. The first important advantage of hot days is the time. Because the sun rises earlier than cold weather, we wake up earlier, too and we can do many activities in less time. Another additional advantage is to wear few clothes, so we save much time without to think about what we should put on today. As a result, we are not late to work or to do other activities. Finally, the sunshine has a powerful energy to do us happy and dynamic.

However, hot days have its disadvantages. In tropical countries like Paraguay spring and summer are very hot. We cannot do anything without to drink terere, because we need much water to stand the heat. People who work in indoors need to work with air conditioning, so they are more prone to respiratory diseases like flu. Moreover, people need to work outside must protect their skin of the sun, because all time that is dangerous, and they can to get cancer skin. Finally, if the weather is very hot, you do not want to work because if you move you feel that is much hot.

Those are the advantages and disadvantages of hot weather. On the other hand, cold weather has their advantages and drawbacks, too. One point against is we do not need to worry about the sun or heat, because the temperature is generally good to move or walk. Even better, we need to move to keep warm. Another further advantages is we can eat well when is cold weather, without think about the weight, because no one will repair if you are heavy or not, because we all day wear clothes that cover our body. At last, we can sleep better in winter than the other season, so we are more rest to work.

For disadvantages of cold weather we can say that we need lose much time to do something, mainly household that include weather, such as to wash clothes or dishes. We need much time to wear clothes to keep warm and we can be sick with flu or alergy more frequently.

To conclude, all season have their argument against or drawbacks. We cannot change their position in the year or to remove one of them, but we can think in better ways to pass all year, both summer and winter.

TOEFL listening discussions: What did the young man do during his last holiday?
Pyuk

TOEFL essay: Advantages and disadvantages of cold weather #2 (permalink) Wed Jun 03, 2009 17:53 pm   TOEFL essay: Advantages and disadvantages of cold weather

COLD WEATHER: ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES.

Spring or Autumn, Summer or Winter; all people have their favourite season. Although we cannot change a season for another in the year; or only choose to live in half of the year, and in the other half to sleep, such as a bear, we can at least plan our activities to do when we want, for as a long as we can. But what is the best weather to work in.? When would we enjoy working more?. Each season has its advantages or disadvantages.

Light clothes, sunshine and long days are characteristics of Spring and Summer. The first important advantage of hot days is the extra available time. Because the sun rises earlier than in cold weather, we wake up earlier. We can do many activities in less time. Another additional advantage is the ability to wear fewer clothes, so we save much time without having to think about what we should put on today. As a result, we are not late to work or in doing other activities. Finally, the sunshine provides a powerful energy to make us happy and dynamic.

However, hot days also have their disadvantages. In tropical countries like Paraguay Spring and Summer are very hot. We cannot do anything without drinking lots of liquids, because we need lots of water to withstand the heat. People who work indoors need to work with air conditioning, so they are more prone to respiratory diseases like flu. Moreover, people who need to work outside must protect their skin from the sun, because that is dangerous, and they can to get skin-cancer. Finally, if the weather is very hot, you do not want to work because if you move you feel that it is much too hot.

Those are the advantages and disadvantages of hot weather. On the other hand, cold weather has it's advantages and drawbacks, too. One point for it is we do not need to worry about the sun or heat, because the temperature is generally good to move or walk. Even better, we need to move to keep warm. Another further advantage is that we can eat well when it is cold weather, without thinking about our weight, because no one will care if you are heavy or not, because we all wear clothes that cover our body. At last, we can sleep better in Winter than in the other seasons, so we are able to obtain more rest to work better and longer.

For disadvantages of cold weather we can say that we need much more time to do something, mainly household chores that include weather, such as to wash clothes or dishes. We need much more time to put on clothes to keep warm and we can be sick with flu or allergies more frequently.

To conclude, all seasons have their argument against or drawbacks. We cannot change their positions in the year or to remove any of them, but we can think of better ways to pass all year, both Summer and Winter.

Kitosdad.
_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemRead these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
TOEFLŪ essay: Agree or disagree that young people now enjoy their life...Nhat Khoa NgoTOEFLŪ essay: Some parents think advertising tells too much information about...TOEFLŪ essay: Some people think students should be encouraged to compete while...TOEFLŪ essay: Some people think the best way to solve environmental problems...TOEFLŪ essay:Traditional games are more useful than modern games in developing...TOEFLŪ essay: In William Shakespeares play Macbeth, Macbeth is seen as a brave...Looking for a TOEFLŪ study partner @ New YorkTOEFLŪ speaking- Independent tasks- Euthanasia?TOEFLŪ essay: Effects of overpopulation in developing countriesWhat the pattern of the TOEFLŪ integrated writing task should be?TOEFLŪ essay challengeObserving or studying animals a lot can teach about human nature?