to receive; to agree; to consent
remember
accomplish
coordinate
accept

Usage of the phrase "Oh my gosh"

Sentence: However, Salim studied hard, he did not succeed. | sent in order not tp
Usage of the phrase "Oh my gosh" #1 (permalink) Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:02 am   Usage of the phrase "Oh my gosh"

Could somebody make me realized with this phrase. Is this one have another shade of meaning comparing with 'Oh my God' or it's exactly the same?

Best regards,
Roman
Romashka

Location: Russia, Moscow

"Oh my gosh" #2 (permalink) Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:11 am   "Oh my gosh"

Good morning Roman. Both phrases have the same general meaning, although " Oh my God " is usually used when witnessing or hearing about something horrible, such as an accident, or an unexpected death.

" Oh gosh" is usually used for happenings of a lighter nature, like a funny scene, or a surprising event.

_________________

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
Usage of the phrase "Oh my gosh" #3 (permalink) Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:50 am   Usage of the phrase "Oh my gosh"

'Oh my gosh' is the non-sacrilegious version of 'oh my God', and is somewhat milder that 'Oh my God'.

Since some people believe that it's wrong to use the name of God in vain, there are a number of milder euphemisms, such as:

'Oh my gosh'
'Oh my goodness'
'Oh my'

These aren't really euphemisms, but again are substitutions for a stronger oath.
'Oh my stars'
'Oh my eyes'
'Oh my mercy'
_________________
Plan to be spontaneous tomorrow.
***
Did you hear they arrested the Energizer Bunny on battery charges?
***
Skrej

Location: Not-quite exact central USA

Usage of the phrase "Oh my gosh" #4 (permalink) Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:07 am   Usage of the phrase "Oh my gosh"

Thank you very much!
I have caught the difference. I will think about 'Oh my gosh' like about a "light version" of 'Oh my God'.
For example:"Oh my God, Hi is about to jump from the roof" VS "Oh my gosh, you are so beautiful!!" =)
Romashka

Location: Russia, Moscow

Usage of the phrase "Oh my gosh" #5 (permalink) Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:01 am   Usage of the phrase "Oh my gosh"

That'll work Roman.
_________________

What does the phrase 'friends in diaster' mean?Usage of Ya, Yeah, Yo, YepPhrase: "Did she called you?"The meaning of the expression "to keep nix"'The' use of 'the' (The dinner was cooking when I arrived at Jane's.)Thanksgiving DayAbout hyphensan antonym of 'free mp3 download'Wait and hold on"tremble" or "shiver"?parade or procession?About using however"to show up something" or "you show up"?