height of something; altitude above sea or ground level; raising; lifting up; grandeur
stable
attitude
elevation
advantage

Meaning of "cable service"

Organisations that were plotting to overthrow the kind were destroyed root and... | Why use "running against" in this sentence?
Meaning of "cable service" #1 (permalink) Thu Jun 11, 2009 18:31 pm   Meaning of "cable service"

ESL/EFL Test #619 "Real Life: Business Jargon (4)", question 3

I know ......... are responsible for many of a company's sales and they help keep the cost of cable service low but they sure are annoying. Only seventeen minutes of the past half-hour program was spent airing the show I wanted to watch.

(a) articles
(b) pitches
(c) dramas
(d) commercials

ESL/EFL Test #619 "Real Life: Business Jargon (4)", answer 3

I know commercials are responsible for many of a company's sales and they help keep the cost of cable service low but they sure are annoying. Only seventeen minutes of the past half-hour program was spent airing the show I wanted to watch.

Correct answer: (d) commercials
_________________________

I think the sentence " cable service " is wrong. I think it should be capable service?

Mirko
Mirko

Meaning of "cable service" #2 (permalink) Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:13 am   Meaning of "cable service"

No, 'cable service' is a system of providing television and/or the internet to consumers via radio frequency signals transmitted through fixed optical fibers or coaxial cables as opposed to the over-the-air method used in traditional broadcasting (via radio waves) in which an antenna is required.
_________________

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
After a person or entity files bankruptcy any new debt incurred is called what?Meaning of "Veg out"Meaning of "taking care of business"Meaning of "Akin to"What is a 'French press'?What's the meaning of intently?'I like to idea of online shopping' vs 'I like the idea of online shopping'Phrase: I wonder if the store I bought it at carries the newest models.Sentence: Personalize it depending on each personality and charactersWhat is a pro forma invoice?Usage of "off" - I get two days off.Are you still there today June 2009 the 8th?what is the meaning of defective?