Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to arrange in groups; to classify; to sort; to structure
facilitate
concoct
categorize
oversee
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

What is a 'French press'?

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
What's the meaning of intently? | Meaning of "Akin to"
listening exercisestell a friend
What is a 'French press'? #1 (permalink) Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:32 am   What is a 'French press'?

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #717 "Real Life: Coffee Shops (1)", question 10

I like the coffee at the place down the street because it's so flavorful and seems stronger than most. I think they use a French ......... to make their coffees. It's a simple pot and plunger device that brews stronger coffee because there is no filter involved in the brewing process.

(a) push
(b) press
(c) steam

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #717 "Real Life: Coffee Shops (1)", answer 10

I like the coffee at the place down the street because it's so flavorful and seems stronger than most. I think they use a French press to make their coffees. It's a simple pot and plunger device that brews stronger coffee because there is no filter involved in the brewing process.

Correct answer: (b) press

why?

Dimyen
Dimyen

What is a 'French press'? #2 (permalink) Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:26 am   What is a 'French press'?

A 'French press' is a type of coffee maker. The other options make no sense in this sentence.

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
What's the meaning of intently? | Meaning of "Akin to"
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
Can gold or silver be used for payment?"as much as" vs "as long as"Meaning of "catch-ups"A teacher said 'take it out on someone' means to make someone tired...After a person or entity files bankruptcy any new debt incurred is called what?Meaning of "Veg out"Meaning of "taking care of business"Why use "running against" in this sentence?'I like to idea of online shopping' vs 'I like the idea of online shopping'Meaning of "cable service"Organisations that were plotting to overthrow the kind were destroyed root and...Phrase: I wonder if the store I bought it at carries the newest models.Sentence: Personalize it depending on each personality and characters