person who belongs to an organization or group; part; organ
member
locksmith
gain
manager

Idiom: 'in the soup'

Adverbs of frequency | Difference between speculative and speculation
Idiom: 'in the soup' #1 (permalink) Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:12 am   Idiom: 'in the soup'

Test No. express/inter-3 "A piece of cake", question 5

Thanks to you we're really in the soup now and I don't honestly know why I ever listen to you.

(a) in an interesting situation
(b) in deep trouble
(c) in an unusual situation
(d) in rough water

Test No. express/inter-3 "A piece of cake", answer 5

Thanks to you we're really in deep trouble now and I don't honestly know why I ever listen to you.

Correct answer: (b) in deep trouble

Thanks to you we're really in an unusual situation now and I don't honestly know why I ever listen to you.
_________________________

i dont get the answer completely.
tuncay

Idiom: 'in the soup' #2 (permalink) Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:26 am   Idiom: 'in the soup'

Hi Tuncay,

This sentence means: I am not going to take any notice of what you say in future because what you have just done/said has put us in a very difficult position and it will be very difficult to get out of it.

Imagine if you like a little fly has landed in a bowl of soup - the soup is hot and thick and the fly can't escape!

_________________

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
Differences between accessory and partDifferences between accessory and partWhat mean does this sentence?Have you ever tried your hand at ...vs finger atMeaning of 'under my skin'Difference between 'brand' and 'sort'Idiom: 'make a monkey of somebody'Meaning of 'down-at-heel'Too sweet vs. Too softWhat does this idiom mean: "I've got you under my skin"? (Frank SinatraMeaning of 'turn into'Meaning of 'hold on'Meaning of "All the world's a stage"