Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

big; enormous; wide; spacious; famous
intent
acquainted
interior
large
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Differences between accessory and part

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Differences between accessory and part | ...will be ratified
listening exercisestell a friend
Differences between accessory and part #1 (permalink) Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:03 am   Differences between accessory and part

:)
HELLO,
I am sorry,I didn't speak clearly to my question.
The test sentence is below:
The car is almost ready to collect from the garage but there are just a couple of spare ......... missing.

(a) parts
(b) pieces
(c) extras
(d) accessories
why we can't choose accessories here?
strawberry girl

Parts/accessories #2 (permalink) Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:55 am   Parts/accessories

Hi Strawberry,

Ok I see the sentence now. In this sentence I'm talking about something specific like for example a water heater or a filter and so it has to be called a part. Accessory is a general word to describe something that you buy in addition to your main purchase. For example if you bought a dress, you might want to buy a handbag or gloves to go with it of the same design/colour. I am assuming that your name means you are female!

Hope this helps

Alan
Co-founder
Alan Townend

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
Differences between accessory and part | ...will be ratified
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
Scoring pointsThey won't go againFinish the paper workTells or tell?Difference between people and peoplesTopics on the agendaDescribe how you would describe yourselfSignal vs. signWhat mean does this sentence?Have you ever tried your hand at ...vs finger atMeaning of 'under my skin'Difference between 'brand' and 'sort'Idiom: 'make a monkey of somebody'