big; enormous; wide; spacious; famous
intent
acquainted
interior
large

Differences between accessory and part

Differences between accessory and part | ...will be ratified
Differences between accessory and part #1 (permalink) Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:03 am   Differences between accessory and part

:)
HELLO,
I am sorry,I didn't speak clearly to my question.
The test sentence is below:
The car is almost ready to collect from the garage but there are just a couple of spare ......... missing.

(a) parts
(b) pieces
(c) extras
(d) accessories
why we can't choose accessories here?
strawberry girl

Parts/accessories #2 (permalink) Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:55 am   Parts/accessories

Hi Strawberry,

Ok I see the sentence now. In this sentence I'm talking about something specific like for example a water heater or a filter and so it has to be called a part. Accessory is a general word to describe something that you buy in addition to your main purchase. For example if you bought a dress, you might want to buy a handbag or gloves to go with it of the same design/colour. I am assuming that your name means you are female!

Hope this helps

_________________

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
Scoring pointsThey won't go againFinish the paper workTells or tell?Difference between people and peoplesTopics on the agendaDescribe how you would describe yourselfSignal vs. signWhat mean does this sentence?Have you ever tried your hand at ...vs finger atMeaning of 'under my skin'Difference between 'brand' and 'sort'Idiom: 'make a monkey of somebody'