to use one's influence to affect people or circumstances
point
inhabit
leverage
delay

why is the verb dance in Past Indefinite?

Meaning of 'make an offer for it' | Explanation: I can't wait to hear about your English class
why is the verb dance in Past Indefinite? #1 (permalink) Wed Jul 22, 2009 17:32 pm   why is the verb dance in Past Indefinite?

ESL/EFL Test #733 "Grammar Tutorial: Avoid Verb Tense Shifts (2)", question 3

While the music plays in the plaza, people ......... around and enjoy the evening, summer weather.

(a) danced
(b) dance
(c) dancing

ESL/EFL Test #733 "Grammar Tutorial: Avoid Verb Tense Shifts (2)", answer 3

While the music plays in the plaza, people danced around and enjoy the evening, summer weather.

Correct answer: (a) danced

While the music plays in the plaza, people dance around and enjoy the evening, summer weather.
_________________________

why is the verb dance in Past Indefinite, while the other verbs plays and enjoy are in the Present Indefinite?

Milly
Milly

why is the verb dance in Past Indefinite? #2 (permalink) Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:15 am   why is the verb dance in Past Indefinite?

There is a typographical error in the test, and we will soon fix it. Thank you for bringing it to our notice. 'Dance' is the correct answer.
_________________

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Have you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
why is the verb dance in Past Indefinite? #3 (permalink) Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:12 am   why is the verb dance in Past Indefinite?

Ok. Corrected.
http://www.english-test.net/esl/learn/english/grammar/ii733/esl-answers.php#avoid_verb_tense_shifts_answer_three
Slava
Slava
Programmer and Co-founder

What is important when it comes to auditing?What does idioms 'a land of honey and milk, having a whale of time' mean?'a long row of houses' vs 'a long row of cows'An idiom 'Keep body and soul together'Different laws? Isn't it illegal to phone while driving?The sentence provides you with the slang idiom used in context...agree with or agree toDoes elegant means the way of serving the food?Please explain why out of instead top? is the out of same as top?Meaning of the idiom "lion's share of the food"I want learn the slang languageMeaning of palWhat does "kind of interest" mean?