without pleasure or happiness; wretchedly; poorly
moderately
miserably
initially
below

An idiom 'Keep body and soul together'

What does idioms 'a land of honey and milk, having a whale of time' mean? | Different laws? Isn't it illegal to phone while driving?
An idiom 'Keep body and soul together' #1 (permalink) Thu Jul 23, 2009 19:21 pm   An idiom 'Keep body and soul together'

She had been taking night classes at the local college for three years now. She also worked a full-time job each day. She liked her job but the pay wasn't adequate. She was tired of just earning enough to keep body and ......... together.

(a) assets
(b) personalty
(c) family
(d) soul

She had been taking night classes at the local college for three years now. She also worked a full-time job each day. She liked her job but the pay wasn't adequate. She was tired of just earning enough to keep body and soul together.

Correct answer: (d) soul

She had been taking night classes at the local college for three years now. She also worked a full-time job each day. She liked her job but the pay wasn't adequate. She was tired of just earning enough to keep body and family together.
_________________________

i dont andarstnn

Kiriri
Kiriri

An idiom 'Keep body and soul together' #2 (permalink) Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:47 am   An idiom 'Keep body and soul together'

'Keep body and soul together' is an idiom meaning 'obtain one's basic living expenses'.
_________________

Want to learn about the future tenses? Read this story and smileEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
What does 'tied up' mean?blue-bluesEnglish testWhat is important when it comes to auditing?Born to animals?'a long row of houses' vs 'a long row of cows'The sentence provides you with the slang idiom used in context...agree with or agree toMeaning of 'make an offer for it'Does elegant means the way of serving the food?Please explain why out of instead top? is the out of same as top?why is the verb dance in Past Indefinite?Is it slip of head / slip by tongue?