distance that an arm can extend
familiar
reach
caution
advancement

when/what would be the most convenient time for you

Meaning of "stay tune" and how can I use this word? | Verb 'make' accompanied with "noun" and "adjective"
when/what would be the most convenient time for you #1 (permalink) Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:43 am   when/what would be the most convenient time for you

please help me to know the right word and their differences

thank you
Hotencool

when/what would be the most convenient time for you #2 (permalink) Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:09 am   when/what would be the most convenient time for you

I think "WHEN" is better.
Or "What time would be the most convenient for you." is also correct.
Morteza
Morteza

Location: Iran

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
when/what would be the most convenient time for you #3 (permalink) Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:17 am   when/what would be the most convenient time for you

Good morning Morteza. You could even ask,

"Which time would be most convenient for you?"

I believe which is used when many choices present themselves, whilst what or when are used for limited possibilities.

It's only my belief, and I am happy to be corrected by someone more knowledgeable.

_________________

when/what would be the most convenient time for you #4 (permalink) Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:09 am   when/what would be the most convenient time for you

Hi Bill,
"Which" is used when we are thinking about a small number of possibilities(2,3 or 4):
Which way shall we go?
There are four cars.Which is yours?
While "What" is more general:
What sort of music do you like?
What is the capital of Iran?
Compare:
What is the longest river in the world?
Which is the longer river-the Mississippi,the Nile,the Amazon?
Hope this helps,
Morteza
Morteza

Location: Iran

when/what would be the most convenient time for you #5 (permalink) Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:19 pm   when/what would be the most convenient time for you

Of course you are correct Morteza, I must still be asleep. Apologies.
_________________

when/what would be the most convenient time for you #6 (permalink) Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:08 am   when/what would be the most convenient time for you

Thank you to you both for all your help.

thank you to both of you

thank you both for your help!!

oh my which one is appropriate :shock:

thanks again
Hotencool

Why stative verbs can't be used with present continuous?across vs. across fromSentence: The National Archives contain information so ... that researchers haveUsage of Never: It will be never happening. vs It will have never happened.Contract terms: The Buyer shall establish an irrevocable Letter of Credit in...Usage of Havingthe connection between two sentencesA New Look at Abraham Lincoln's Life, and Death, in Washington"such much money" vs "so much money" vs no suchDifference between ‘distinct’ and ‘different’?what does "Make up of" mean?Letter: Dear eye eye doctor, My right eye was hard hit by wooden handle strainerWith whom you find more attached to vs To whom you find more attached with