Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

ring-shaped geometric figure; round figure; group; society
increase
vegetarian
advert
circle
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

How do elephants drink water with trunks?

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Very kind of you | When do we use "their" and they're in the sentence?
listening exercisestell a friend
How do elephants drink water with trunks? #1 (permalink) Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:34 am   How do elephants drink water with trunks?

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #735 "Vocabulary Practice: Elephants", question 3

Elephants have large ........., that look like long noses, but they use these to pick up food and other material as well as drink water.

(a) trunks
(b) tanks
(c) snouts
(d) tails

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #735 "Vocabulary Practice: Elephants", answer 3

Elephants have large trunks, that look like long noses, but they use these to pick up food and other material as well as drink water.

Correct answer: (a) trunks

Your answer was: incorrect
Elephants have large snouts, that look like long noses, but they use these to pick up food and other material as well as drink water.

I WONDER HOW WITH TRUNKS ELEPHANTS CAN DRINK WATER?

nelko
Drunky

How do elephants drink water with trunks? #2 (permalink) Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:50 am   How do elephants drink water with trunks?

They use their trunks like we use drinking glasses: they put water in them and then squirt it into their mouths.

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
How do elephants drink water with trunks? #3 (permalink) Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:15 am   How do elephants drink water with trunks?

Elephants have large trunks, that look like long noses, but they use these to pick up food and other material as well as drink water.

Why we don't use "to" in the later part of the sentence. as

Elephants have large trunks, that look like long noses, but they use these to pick up food and other materialas well as "to" drink water.

Thanks for your clarification advance
Jignesh

How do elephants drink water with trunks? #4 (permalink) Sat Aug 15, 2009 14:29 pm   How do elephants drink water with trunks?

The 'to' is optional.

Very kind of you | When do we use "their" and they're in the sentence?
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
'On the microscope' vs 'under the microscope'How can I learn English grammar?Meaning of "over board"Things such as "lives in the outskirts of"...I don't think you are going to get your damage deposit back...I'm here to inform you that I'm pressing charges against...A good dictionary for slang idiomsliability is not a debit or creditDo you have questions not about elephants?What does the expression 'seeing forest from trees' mean?meaning of deviateHe lost interest in it vs. he lost his interestPresent continuous vs. present simple