assessment; evaluation of prospects
prognosis
onus
taunt
resentment

Some students prefer to study alone, while other students prefer to study with...

Whether students should work for a company or work for themselver after graduate? | TOEFLŪ essay: Why is English important nowadays?
Some students prefer to study alone, while other students prefer to study with... #1 (permalink) Mon Aug 03, 2009 19:44 pm   Some students prefer to study alone, while other students prefer to study with...

Hi everyone
i am a new member in this lovely forum

I have an exam after two weeks in the university , and i need yours help in correcting my essay and give me some advices to improve my writing

the essay topic : some students prefer to study alone, while other students prefer to study with other. Discuss the advantages of each type of studying. Then indicate which you prefer and why.

my essay:

Students,in universities,colleges and schools, have different ways for studying. Some students favor to study alone by themselves, while others prefer to study with friends or among people. Each of the following styles has advantages which make it benefit.

studying alone is very useful way for students who want to concentrate and prefer serious studying. The main advantage is quantities because studying alone makes the time much longer and gives opportunities to study more materials. For example, the student who study alone could solve 6 exercises in one hour while the student who study with friends could solve 3 exercises in one hour. Also, he can arrange his time and what he wants to studying, unlike studying in group, while everyone has to follow the group.

However, studying with friends has many advantages. It is a good idea to study with a group during studying a subject that need discussions or cooperation. Such as projects and presentations.Another reason is getting help to understand subject from others student. For example, one student con explain to others which make studying mush easier.

Finally, I think the both styles have many advantages, It depends on in which subject the student is studying. The student should know and take the best way for each subject. Therefore, every student has to use the both ways in order to success.

waiting for yours advices and suggestions

bye :roll: :roll: :roll:

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation in a campus cafeteria
Karam Sab

plz correct it :) #2 (permalink) Tue Aug 04, 2009 0:45 am   please correct it :)

I am also trying to practise my self on writing essays because I have an exam next year about how to write an essay..
I think that you are repeating the words too much and you have a lot of grammatical mistakes...
You said that some students favor.....I think it is better to say prefer because favor means that you have several things to choose from but here you just have to choose studying alone or with a group.
I will tell you what I am doing to improve my skills in writing essays,in this forum there is agirl calls Yamlit I love her way of writing you can read her essays and write just like her at the beginning and then start to write by your own..
this is my advice
Sandy1

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemRead these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
plz correct it :) #3 (permalink) Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:49 am   please correct it :)

thanks sandy1 for your advice ..... you really helped me

waiting for new advices

:roll:
Karam Sab

TOEFLŪ essay: We have many examples of people who are successful in their lives.Is the ability to read and write more important today than in the past?Most advertisements make products seem better than what they really are?TOEFLŪ topic: Why do you think people attend university?Some people like to read fiction book while other prefer non-fiction...TOEFLŪ essay: A friend is the one who understands and shares all our feelings...Some young adults want independence from their parents as soon as possible.Do you want to spend time doing job rather than staying with your family?Why do people attend college or university?If I finish a TOEFLŪ section earlier, do I move on, or I have to wait till the fixTOEFLŪ topic: what are the needed characteristics of a good teacher?Television has hurt the ability of people to communicate with one anotherSometimes success is harder to accept than failure. Write about one such situaton