separate; individual
judicious
teeming
discrete
precarious

Qualities of an ideal language teacher.

TOEFLŪ essay: When people succeed, it is because of hard work. Luck has nothing... | Comparisons between a writer writing alone, or in tandem with another.
Qualities of an ideal language teacher. #1 (permalink) Tue Aug 04, 2009 22:37 pm   Qualities of an ideal language teacher.

Qualities of an ideal language teacher.

Everybody wants to have an ideal teacher while studying somewhere. However, when it comes to a definition of a perfect teacher it appears to be not so easy to give it, because different teachers are successful in different ways. For example, some are easy-going and charismatic, while others are quiet and not very sociable but in spite of the difference in personalities, all good teachers have some common qualities that help them to become the best ones.

First of all, perfect teachers must be knowledgeable. They must know a lot about the subject they are teaching and be able to help students understand, by explaining concepts thoroughly and being able to answer all questions accurately.
This characteristic is very important and seems to be a vital element contributing to the development of students.

Then, good teachers should be motivating. Good teachers always succeed in inspiring their students both in class and out of class. Teachers have the power to inspire, through their attitudes, actions, and even through the lessons or activities they engage students in.

Patience is also one of the most important qualities. Teachers should remember that every student is different. For instance, some are different in backgrounds, cultures, and believes. Even children from the same culture still differ in personalities, which will reflect their learning abilities. So good teachers must understand that and take it into consideration.

In conclusion I would like to say that the above-mentioned characteristics are the most important ones, though there are some other necessary qualities, such as creativity, enthusiasm, sense of humor and others. Being a teacher is a hard job, but being a dedicated teacher requires more outstanding personalities. Without being knowledgeable, motivating, and patient, one can't be a good teacher.

TOEFL listening discussions: Where does this conversation most likely take place?
Thebird17

Qualities of an ideal language teacher. #2 (permalink) Tue Aug 04, 2009 22:54 pm   Qualities of an ideal language teacher.

When i was studing, my teacher is not ideal teacher
forethat my english is bad
:(
_________________
live quite life
Honey2

Location: Kingdom of saudi arabia

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemRead these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
Qualities of an ideal language teacher. #3 (permalink) Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:53 am   Qualities of an ideal language teacher.

OK Honey, let's help you now.

"When I was studying, my teacher was not an ideal teacher. (In my opinion.)

Therefore, my English is not too good."

Do you really want to improve?
_________________

Qualities of an ideal language teacher. #4 (permalink) Wed Aug 05, 2009 13:07 pm   Qualities of an ideal language teacher.

Kitosdad wrote:
Do you really want to improve?

A very good question indeed ;)

Honey, have you learned anything after joining this forum?
Why not put it to practice then?
_________________
First lesson - English, not english. I, not i. ~A student of English
Gray

Location: Proxima Centauri

Qualities of an ideal language teacher. #5 (permalink) Wed Aug 05, 2009 13:08 pm   Qualities of an ideal language teacher.

Honey2 wrote:
forethat my english is bad
:(

I suspect that ;)
_________________
Gray

Location: Proxima Centauri

Qualities of an ideal language teacher. #6 (permalink) Wed Aug 05, 2009 13:57 pm   Qualities of an ideal language teacher.

Gray/ Kitos,

I'd like to begin to write TOEFL essays. Please stimulate me :) Give me an idea to write an essay. I would be pleased if you gave me a title :)

Phoebe
_________________
incomplete....
Kiprida

Location: Baku, Azerbaijan

Qualities of an ideal language teacher. #7 (permalink) Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:30 am   Qualities of an ideal language teacher.

Phoebe,

"Who influences the life most, a friend or a teacher?" was my first (and only ;)) TOEFL attempt.

Let us see what you have got :)
_________________
Gray

Location: Proxima Centauri

Qualities of an ideal language teacher. #8 (permalink) Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:12 am   Qualities of an ideal language teacher.

Good morning Phoebe. Personally I find the range of essays very boring & repetitive.

How about, "comparisons between a writer writing alone, or in tandem with another."

Describe the advantages and disadvantages.

OR;

Who has been the one person in your life who has inspired and encouraged you?

_________________

Qualities of an ideal language teacher. #9 (permalink) Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:57 am   Qualities of an ideal language teacher.

Dear Mr.Kitos

Is it Tandem means "writer joining with another writer"

Hema
Hema Bernard

Qualities of an ideal language teacher. #10 (permalink) Thu Aug 06, 2009 17:43 pm   Qualities of an ideal language teacher.

Hello Hema, yes it does.
Would you like to write a story with me, or alone? :)
_________________

Qualities of an ideal language teacher. #11 (permalink) Thu Aug 06, 2009 18:18 pm   Qualities of an ideal language teacher.

Kitosdad wrote:
OK Honey, let's help you now.

Therefore, my English is not too good."

Do you really want to improve?

I think becauss my teacher not natives :roll: english
the are Arabs like me
_________________
live quite life
Honey2

Location: Kingdom of saudi arabia

Qualities of an ideal language teacher. #12 (permalink) Thu Aug 06, 2009 18:19 pm   Qualities of an ideal language teacher.

Gray wrote:
Honey2 wrote:
forethat my english is bad
:(

I suspect that ;)

I think that so

:twisted:

thanks Gray

:oops:
_________________
live quite life
Honey2

Location: Kingdom of saudi arabia

Qualities of an ideal language teacher. #13 (permalink) Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:52 am   Qualities of an ideal language teacher.

Dear Mr.Kitos,

Thanks a lot for giving me an oppurtunity to write a story with you..........

Its my pleasure, but u my problem

so I'm feeling uneasy.

Thanks once again

Hema
Hema Bernard

Qualities of an ideal language teacher. #14 (permalink) Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:49 am   Qualities of an ideal language teacher.

Good morning Hema. I just know that you are good enough enough to write a short story. I've started you off here....... please, do continue. Only you know the rest.

The first day that Hema started senior school she made up her mind that she would no longer be satisfied to just progress slowly with the other girls and end up being an housewife.

She just knew that she was meant for better things, and so she set out to become a star pupil.

Each night at home she would sit in her little bedroom, and in spite of the many interruptions from her brothers and sisters, she would diligently review the work that she had done at school that day.

Her Father laughed at her efforts and said she should concentrate on learning to cook like her Mother, and learn how to keep the house clean and tidy.

She loved her Father in spite of his attempts to undermine her intentions, and did indeed learn to do the household duties as well as her Mother, but she never gave up on her studies.

Her teachers were really surprised and delighted as to how well she was responding to their teachings, and Hema slowly increased her position in the class in all subjects.

Over to you Hema................ Kitos. :)
_________________

Qualities of an ideal language teacher. #15 (permalink) Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:33 am   Qualities of an ideal language teacher.

Thanks Mr.Kitos

I'l try my best to complete it. It will take some time as I don't access computer at home

I've off on week ends.

Thanks Once again,
Hema
Hema Bernard

School Violence essaySome colleges and university require students to live on campus all 4 years.It has recently been announced that a new high school may be built in your...The basic TOEFLŪ word its very difficult to understand...People act differently when they wear different clothes. Do you agree?Women should go to work or stay at home?Young people enjoy life more than older people do.Who influences the life most, a friend or a teacherWhat are the qualities of a good neighborChildren should help with tasks around the house from very young age.Name a part of your life that you would like to relive.Is PTE test similiar to TOEFLŪ test?It is better for children to grow up in the countryside than in a big city