swollen; inflated; using big or high-sounding words
flamboyant
sinister
turgid
distraught

It is better for children to grow up in the countryside than in a big city

Some colleges and university require students to live on campus all 4 years. | School Violence essay
It is better for children to grow up in the countryside than in a big city #1 (permalink) Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:19 am   It is better for children to grow up in the countryside than in a big city

Bring up a child is not something which could be done easily. For parents, children need so many things to learn including technology, nature, sport and the like. Considering all the necessities in raising a child it is not easy to answer the question of whether to grow up a child in a city or in a village. The two alternatives have their own advantages and disadvantages however, to my opinion to grow up in a city would the right choice for a child.

I believe this as we live in such a electronic and communication age that requires so many skills to use in a daily life if someone choose to compete with their rivals. One can claim that children can get necessary education in country side as well, but considering that these kinds of technologies requires more infrastructure investments and cities get more comparing to villages we easily can draw a conclusion that cities can offer more opportunities than villages in terms of education, sport facilities and some for example modern utilities such as exhibition centers and conference halls. However children who are grown up in cities have some advantages over those who are burn in villages, village children have some chances to learn nature better than city children. Besides this basic instruction village children also always are close to the soil and know well how to cultivate a field, plant the seed. These are not something to be ignored but considering that we are currently living in such a an age that requires more abilities of being familiar technology and city concept than it was before, raising a children in a city would benefit for parents and children themselves. I believe that for many reasons. Delineating why I believe this, giving two specific examples could be a factor to shore up my idea. First, city dwellers have more income and this endangers more opportunity to have some electronic devices as well as communication gadgets with advanced technology. Having burned in such a well equipped and prospered family, a child is familiar with how to behave and act upon such devices including learning their proper usages. Unlike this, a village child can only has the chance to get to know them in his/her older ages and this cause a gap between a city young and a villager. The second is much more than a necessity, taking into account living in a city requires some social habits and communication skill in a kind manner. Of course these can be obtained in later ages for someone but, the question will that are these tow different cases equal or not? In other words does the latter can substitute for the first.

To epitomize, growing up in city would benefit more for parents and children than raising a child in a village or a place located in country side.

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between a professor and a student discussing a possibility
Emir

It is better for children to grow up in the countryside than in a big city #2 (permalink) Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:52 am   It is better for children to grow up in the countryside than in a big city

Bring(ing) up a child is not something which (can) be done easily.

For parents, children need to learn so many things including technology, nature, sport and the like.
Considering all the necessities in raising a child it is not easy to answer the question of whether to (bring) up a child in a city or in a village. The two alternatives have their own advantages and disadvantages however, (in) my opinion, to grow up in a city would (be) the right choice for a child.

I believe this as we live in such a(n) electronic and communication (oriented) age that requires so many skills to use in a daily life if someone choose(s) to compete with their rivals.
One can claim that children can (gain this) necessary education in the (country-side) as well, but considering that these kinds of technologies require more infrastructure investments and cities get more compar(ed) to villages, we (could easily) draw a conclusion that cities can offer more opportunities than villages in terms of education, sport(s) facilities and to learn, for example, modern utilities such as exhibition centers and conference halls.

However children who (have) grown up in cities have some advantages over those who are born in villages.
(V)illage children have (far better) chances to learn (about) nature (more) than city children.
Besides this basic instruction, village children are always close to the soil and know well how to cultivate a field, plant the seed.

These are not (things) to be ignored, but considering that we are currently living in such an age that requires more abilities of being familiar technology and city concept(s) than it was before, raising a (child) in a city would (be) (beneficial) for (both)parents and children . I believe that for many reasons.

Delineating why I believe this, giving two specific examples could be a factor to shore up my idea.
First, city dwellers have more income and this endangers more opportunity to have some electronic devices as well as communication gadgets with advanced technology. Having (been raised) in such a well equipped and prosper(ous) family, a child is familiar with how to behave and act (with) such devices, including learning their proper usages.

(Contrary to) this, a village child can only (have) the chance to get to know them in his/her older age and this (can) cause a gap between a city young(ster) and a villager. The second is much more than a necessity, taking into account living in a city requires some social habits and communication skill(s) in a kind manner.

Of course these can be obtained in later ages for someone but, the question will (always be) ; are these (two) different cases equal or not? In other words, can the latter (be) substitute(d) for the first(?)

To epitomize, growing up in city would (be more beneficial) for parents and children than raising a child in a village or a place located in the (country-side.)

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemThis newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
It is better for children to grow up in the countryside than in a big city #3 (permalink) Wed Aug 12, 2009 13:34 pm   It is better for children to grow up in the countryside than in a big city

Dear Bill,

First I would like to thanks for your correction.

I just want to ask;

1- May I use "to my mind" instead of "in my opinion",

Thanks in advance,

Sincelery
Emir

It is better for children to grow up in the countryside than in a big city #4 (permalink) Wed Aug 12, 2009 14:05 pm   It is better for children to grow up in the countryside than in a big city

Sure you can Emir,but in this sentence "in my opinion" is more apt.
_________________

TOEFLŪ essay: Do you think there is much violence on TV?Volunteering is very important in our community. Do you agree or disagree?Paragraph: One of the places in Chiangrai, which is the most beautiful as if...It has recently been announced that a new high school may be built in your...Comparisons between a writer writing alone, or in tandem with another.The basic TOEFLŪ word its very difficult to understand...People act differently when they wear different clothes. Do you agree?TOEFLŪ essay: When people succeed, it is because of hard work. Luck has nothing...Women should go to work or stay at home?Who influences the life most, a friend or a teacherQualities of an ideal language teacher.A complete list of TOEFLŪ topics for the independent Writing and Speaking tasks?Parents are the best teachers