thin and light
clamorous
pecuniary
punitive
gossamer

What is the characteristics of a good leader

If I were asked to send one thing represeting my country to an international... | TOEFL® essay: Job satisfaction
What is the characteristics of a good leader #1 (permalink) Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:27 am   What is the characteristics of a good leader

Please give me some comment on this. Thanks in advance

What are the characteristics of a good leader. I think a good leader must be someone who has excellent skills and wide knowledge in the field that he is leading. Moreover, he must have a good management skill,and the most importance: he must have a good sense of assessment.

Firstly, in a group, the leader plays a crucial role to the success of the project then he should have a deep insight of it. He must be the one who has a clear perspective about how the project will be run and what the other members of the team have to do. To do a good job, the leader must be someone who have a great proficiency of the area that the project covers.

Secondly, leading a team is not only about implementing works related to a specific field, it is also about managing the people working on that project. That means a leader must know how to control smoothly his team members. He should assign works to appropriate people. The junior should get the easy part and the senior should get the harder work. If the leader is not good at managing his team members, the project can fail or do not finish on time.

Lastly, the most important characteristic of a good leader is sensibility. He must have a good sense of evaluating his team members’ work. He must be the first one in the team who realize that some of them did finish their work excellently and some did not. He must pay enough attention to see what is the reason of the unfinished work. Is it because the team members did not work hard enough or because the work is so difficult to him? If he do not, this will led to unfair treatment to the members in the team.

A good leader must be the leading of his field, he also must be good at managing his team members and has an impartial evaluation of team members’ work. With these characteristics, he will be the best tailors who sail the project to the final successfully.

TOEFL listening lectures: A lecture from an American History class
Blackswallow

What is the characteristics of a good leader #2 (permalink) Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:00 am   What is the characteristics of a good leader

OMG.That rocks.But you could write it longer.
Nuri_Ceylan

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemRead these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
What is the characteristics of a good leader #3 (permalink) Sun Aug 16, 2009 16:04 pm   What is the characteristics of a good leader

:-) Oh dear, I wish I could, but that was all I can do within 30'
Blackswallow

What is the characteristics of a good leader #4 (permalink) Sun Aug 16, 2009 20:31 pm   What is the characteristics of a good leader

Working within 30 minutes you did quite well BS.

Keep to this standard and you will fly through any exam.

_________________

What is the characteristics of a good leader #5 (permalink) Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:02 am   What is the characteristics of a good leader

Thanks again, Kitos. I will take the exam in the end of this month. I hope that I will fly through it as you said :-)
Blackswallow

What is the characteristics of a good leader #6 (permalink) Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:43 am   What is the characteristics of a good leader

Hi, Im new to this web site, and i would like to learn from you, but i will as well try to give my best to help others to improve in their fields of study. I think you did a great job Pal. if you don't mind I have something to add to your valuable ideas: first, i think every leader should have enough tactics to resolve conflicts that might appear among his team. Second, a good manager needs to have a good knowledge in motivating the team's members. I hope this will be helpful to enrich your topic. Thank you
Connecticut09

Location: United States

What is the characteristics of a good leader #7 (permalink) Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:22 am   What is the characteristics of a good leader

Leadership is the ability to recognize the problem before it becomes an emergency

Hema
Hema Bernard

What is the characteristics of a good leader #8 (permalink) Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:00 am   What is the characteristics of a good leader

Dear Blackswallow
I think your essay is good , however, I would like to give you an idea in order to help you write a bit more
In the introduction, is best to start with a background in the subject, which is called a hook, something that catches the reader's attention. For example, if you are talking about technology you can start by stating that long ago there were just a few, and very different from the ones we have now, You can have any you like it does not have to be from the past, it could be from any time. By giving a background not only it helps makes your introduction a lot longer, but also it makes your essay interesting to read. Remember first write the background (hook) then your thesis, and lastly the topic statement. It isn't a good idea to start with a topic statement at the biggining of the essay. I Hope my comment helps you, you are on the right track. Good luck
_________________
Yamilet
Yamilet

What is the characteristics of a good leader #9 (permalink) Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:20 pm   What is the characteristics of a good leader

Thanks so much, Yamilet. I did take the test last Sunday but it did not go well. I plan to take it one more time and you tip might help a alot. :-)
:
Blackswallow

A teacher’s ability to relate well with students is more importantMoney for sports activities or university libraries, which is more worthy?whether government should support the traditional art.Should drivers of automobiles be prohibited from using cellular phonesTOEFL® essay: Nowadays, with the invention of the microwave and with...Important characteristics of a co-worker.If you could change one important thing about your hometown, what will you changeWrite about a book that has special significance for you.TOEFL® essay: Gadhian thoughts are not relevant today.Disruptive school students have negative influences on others.Should the goverment spend more money on improving roads and high-ways or shouldTOEFL® essay: Visiting the museum is the best way to learn about a countryHow many listening parts does the TOEFL® have?