Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to endanger; to place in danger; to imperil; to put at risk
peddle
jeopardize
package
approach
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

I'm here to inform you that I'm pressing charges against...

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
I don't think you are going to get your damage deposit back... | He never takes a day off work
listening exercisestell a friend
I'm here to inform you that I'm pressing charges against... #1 (permalink) Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:19 am   I'm here to inform you that I'm pressing charges against...

English Language Proficiency Tests, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #634 "Prepositional Phrases - On, In, Under and Out (8)", question 9

I think you are ......... the wrong impression. I'm not here to make any deals. I'm her to inform you that I'm pressing charges against you because you made fraudulent claims and swindled me out of my retirement fund.

(a) on
(b) in
(c) under
(d) out

English Language Proficiency Tests, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #634 "Prepositional Phrases - On, In, Under and Out (8)", answer 9

I think you are under the wrong impression. I'm not here to make any deals. I'm her to inform you that I'm pressing charges against you because you made fraudulent claims and swindled me out of my retirement fund.

Correct answer: (c) under

Your answer was: correct

A typo error.

"I'm her (here) to inform you that I'm ..."
Mickey
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

I'm here to inform you that I'm pressing charges against... #2 (permalink) Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:49 am   I'm here to inform you that I'm pressing charges against...

You are right again, Mickey. There is indeed a typo in the sentence.

Perhaps someone will fix that.

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
I don't think you are going to get your damage deposit back... | He never takes a day off work
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
'On the microscope' vs 'under the microscope'How can I learn English grammar?Meaning of "over board"Things such as "lives in the outskirts of"...What is "verbal diarrhea"?A good dictionary for slang idiomsmeaning of "six pack" referring to "muscles" or 'work out'Phrase: how much you owe each of your vendorsliability is not a debit or creditWhen do we use "their" and they're in the sentence?How do elephants drink water with trunks?What does the expression 'seeing forest from trees' mean?He lost interest in it vs. he lost his interest