to join with; to connect to; to become attached to
streamline
prefer
volunteer
affiliate

I don't think you are going to get your damage deposit back...

Things such as "lives in the outskirts of"... | I'm here to inform you that I'm pressing charges against...
I don't think you are going to get your damage deposit back... #1 (permalink) Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:22 am   I don't think you are going to get your damage deposit back...

ESL/EFL Test #630 "Prepositional Phrases - On, In, Under and Out (4)", question 4

I don't you are going to get your damage deposit back because you left the apartment ......... such a mess when you left. I had to pay a cleaning lady as well as do a lot of repairs on the place.

(a) on
(b) in
(c) under
(d) out

ESL/EFL Test #630 "Prepositional Phrases - On, In, Under and Out (4)", answer 4

I don't you are going to get your damage deposit back because you left the apartment in such a mess when you left. I had to pay a cleaning lady as well as do a lot of repairs on the place.

Correct answer: (b) in
_________________________

I don't understand this sentence.

"I don't you are going to get your damage deposit back ..."
Mickey

I don't think you are going to get your damage deposit back... #2 (permalink) Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:40 am   I don't think you are going to get your damage deposit back...

Hello Mickey,

There seems to be a word missing from the sentence, so I assume that is the main reason you are having trouble understanding the sentence. I would guess that the missing word is "think":

A "damage deposit" might also be called a "security deposit". Look at definition 4 for the noun "deposit" here.

Perhaps the error in the test sentence will be corrected.
__________________________
“An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi
Esl_Expert

Location: Rhode Island, USA

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
'On the microscope' vs 'under the microscope'How can I learn English grammar?Meaning of "over board"What is "verbal diarrhea"?A good dictionary for slang idiomsmeaning of "six pack" referring to "muscles" or 'work out'Phrase: how much you owe each of your vendorsliability is not a debit or creditDo you have questions not about elephants?When do we use "their" and they're in the sentence?How do elephants drink water with trunks?What does the expression 'seeing forest from trees' mean?He lost interest in it vs. he lost his interest