Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to join with; to connect to; to become attached to
streamline
prefer
volunteer
affiliate
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

I don't think you are going to get your damage deposit back...

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Things such as "lives in the outskirts of"... | I'm here to inform you that I'm pressing charges against...
listening exercisestell a friend
I don't think you are going to get your damage deposit back... #1 (permalink) Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:22 am   I don't think you are going to get your damage deposit back...

English Language Proficiency Tests, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #630 "Prepositional Phrases - On, In, Under and Out (4)", question 4

I don't you are going to get your damage deposit back because you left the apartment ......... such a mess when you left. I had to pay a cleaning lady as well as do a lot of repairs on the place.

(a) on
(b) in
(c) under
(d) out

English Language Proficiency Tests, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #630 "Prepositional Phrases - On, In, Under and Out (4)", answer 4

I don't you are going to get your damage deposit back because you left the apartment in such a mess when you left. I had to pay a cleaning lady as well as do a lot of repairs on the place.

Correct answer: (b) in

I don't understand this sentence.

"I don't you are going to get your damage deposit back ..."
Mickey
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

I don't think you are going to get your damage deposit back... #2 (permalink) Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:40 am   I don't think you are going to get your damage deposit back...

Hello Mickey,

There seems to be a word missing from the sentence, so I assume that is the main reason you are having trouble understanding the sentence. I would guess that the missing word is "think":

I don't think you are going to get your damage deposit back...

A "damage deposit" might also be called a "security deposit". Look at definition 4 for the noun "deposit" here.

Perhaps the error in the test sentence will be corrected.

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!This newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
Things such as "lives in the outskirts of"... | I'm here to inform you that I'm pressing charges against...
ESL Forum | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
'On the microscope' vs 'under the microscope'How can I learn English grammar?Meaning of "over board"What is "verbal diarrhea"?A good dictionary for slang idiomsmeaning of "six pack" referring to "muscles" or 'work out'Phrase: how much you owe each of your vendorsliability is not a debit or creditDo you have questions not about elephants?When do we use "their" and they're in the sentence?How do elephants drink water with trunks?What does the expression 'seeing forest from trees' mean?He lost interest in it vs. he lost his interest