Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

metal clip for binding papers; essential element
staple
reject
town
correlation
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Intonation pattern in British English

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forum | Listening, speaking, pronunciation and accent training
clothes and close | Voice test: I just receive a letter with invitation to send a voice file...
listening exercisestell a friend
Intonation pattern in British English #1 (permalink) Sun Aug 16, 2009 23:07 pm   Intonation pattern in British English

Can any British Native speaker explain me the characteristics of Intonation in British English (Tone: rising and falling tone, Stress: Contrastive and new information stress) and how is it different from from American English. :arrow:
Anupumh
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

Intonation pattern in British English #2 (permalink) Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:46 am   Intonation pattern in British English

Here you can learn British English
http://www.dailystep.com/content.asp?id=13

Here is another page
http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/learningenglish/

www.fonetiks.org/engsou7.html
I think that is the best page.

/Maria
MariaEbb
I'm here quite often ;-)

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
clothes and close | Voice test: I just receive a letter with invitation to send a voice file...
ESL Forum | Listening, speaking, pronunciation and accent training All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on English Forums
How do you pronounce 'kilometer'?I hope I can succeed in recording my voice and improve my speaking skillsPronunciation of cherish: To cherish an idea, to cherish a secret intention...Test - Maggie's English paradiseI am confronted with Phonetics Mayers at School and I never got god marks...Work hard or luckTeaching English IntonationI want to nominate one of my classmates for the award...Preferred movies and/or movies directorsDifficult English wordIt is importance: I will introduced myself to the TOFEL test...How to understand English movies' language?How to pronounce the word "budget"?