suitable; appropriate; intelligent; savvy; capable
apt
departmental
obligatory
placid

Difference between 'laxed' and 'relaxed'

Pronunciation about 'a': pronounced as EI but sometimes as A | Passive or active? (Bidding for the projects is expected to start in September)
Difference between 'laxed' and 'relaxed' #1 (permalink) Tue Aug 18, 2009 15:49 pm   Difference between 'laxed' and 'relaxed'

What is the difference between these two?

SkiIucK

Difference between 'laxed' and 'relaxed' #2 (permalink) Tue Aug 18, 2009 17:19 pm   Difference between 'laxed' and 'relaxed'

Depends on context.
If a workplace style is relaxed it is informal (jeans, t-shirts, first names), if a workplace is lax it means that people are late, rude, and work is not done properly and on time.
_________________
conĚtext - The part of a text or statement that surrounds a particular word or passage and determines its meaning.
Milanya

Location: Texas, USA (at present)

In this story you'll learn everything about the passive voiceEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Difference between 'laxed' and 'relaxed' #3 (permalink) Tue Aug 18, 2009 18:10 pm   Difference between 'laxed' and 'relaxed'

Thanks, Milanya.
SkiIucK

"The best" or "the better""effect on" or "effect to"Could you speak English?'laugh at' vs 'laugh about' vs 'laugh with'What is the meaning of "random order"?Do I must? vs Must I?"On my mind" or "in my mind"?Future tax payment or Next tax payment?What is the difference between siesa and take a nap?Sentence: It is the great multiplication of the productions of all the differentDifference between parking place and parking lot?Sentence: Who you want to speak to?When we use the linking words for example: and, but, luckily, actually etc...?