ludicrous and complete failure; disaster
aristocracy
fathom
truculence
fiasco

People naturally resist making changes in their lives...

TOEFLŪ essay example: In what ways are computers a hindrance | My experience and some tips for the TOEFLŪ writing part
People naturally resist making changes in their lives... #1 (permalink) Thu Aug 20, 2009 13:42 pm   People naturally resist making changes in their lives...

People naturally resist making changes in their lives.
What kind of problems can this cause? What solutions can you suggest?
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience. Write at least 250 words.

It is the fact that everything must change. People generally resist making changes in their lives, although it could cause many problems. This essay will discuss such problems, and suggest some solution for them.

It is accepted that living our lives without changing is easy and comfortable. For example, nobody would change his or her job to a new one that is not familiar. But staying the same forever sometimes prevents us from discovering new experiences, friends and better chances. Consequently, we may not have development in many aspects. If no development happens, the chance to be out-of-date is possible because the world keeps changing every minute.

In my opinion, a good idea to make us accept the change is making the inspiration happen. Inspiration is believed to be a factor that makes people brave enough to change for anything better. Another way is to accept the change little by little. By doing this, ourselves can adapt to something new easily. For example, when I wanted to wake up early at 6.00 am instead of 8.00 am as I used to do, I set my alarm clock to wake me up at 7.30 am, 7.00 am, 6.30 am and 6.00 am on the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th day, respectively. On the 4th day, I woke up at 6.00 am without sleepy feeling.

In conclusion, resisting any changes in our lives is such a barrier that prevents us from better chances. The possible solutions are to make inspiration happen and adapt ourselves to change little by little.

TOEFL listening lectures: A lecture in social science class
Mallika_Bkk

People naturally resist making changes in their lives... #2 (permalink) Thu Aug 20, 2009 13:54 pm   People naturally resist making changes in their lives...

please read and correct my essay. Thank you. xxx
Mallika_Bkk

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemRead these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
pls rate my essay “being creative or planning carefully”Playing computer games is a waste of time for children. Do you agree or disagree?General chat - Come on, come on, don't be shyHelp me make the TOEFLŪ essayDo you think that TV programs, movies ans video games influence young people's...Money, the one and only thing that people has been always searching for...Who influences the life most, a teacher or a friend?Some people are always in hurry to go places and get things done.Problem of TOEFLŪ PBT scoreSample of the integrated writing task for the TOEFLŪ.The most important lessons in life, are learned in school.A person should never make an important decision alone.Some people like to do only what they already do well.