to substitute for; to return something to a particular position or location
scan
replace
pad
leave

Is coffee a harmful drug?

I want to become a writer, bless you! | What does "to pull your socks up" mean?
Is coffee a harmful drug? #1 (permalink) Fri Aug 21, 2009 18:32 pm   Is coffee a harmful drug?

ESL/EFL Test #164 "Corporate Taxation", question 4

The federal tax is levied at three different rates on different ......... of income: 15 percent on taxable income under $50,000; 25 percent on income between $50,000 and $75,000; and 34 percent on income above that.

(a) brackets
(b) components
(c) portions
(d) segments

ESL/EFL Test #164 "Corporate Taxation", answer 4

The federal tax is levied at three different rates on different brackets of income: 15 percent on taxable income under $50,000; 25 percent on income between $50,000 and $75,000; and 34 percent on income above that.

Correct answer: (a) brackets
_________________________

Hello

Could I ask you what is the grammatical error in this sentence?Why?Would you please explain it to me and correct it?

Although caffeine is amoderately habit-forming drug,cofee is not construed as harmfully to the

average adult.

Truly Yours

Minoo
Minoo

Is coffee a harmful drug? #2 (permalink) Fri Aug 21, 2009 23:58 pm   Is coffee a harmful drug?

Besides the spelling mistakes, it should read 'harmful'.
_________________

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
What does 'in general' mean?Who is the first person engage in entrepreneurship?What will happen to the bond's price and to its yield to maturity?I marked teeth but button shows another answer,...What does 'procedure' mean?What does 'in stitches' mean?under dispute vs. in disputeWhat is meaning of "the right-of-way?Meaning of "Pass on"What does "all blue skies" mean?Expression: Go to answerWhat is "Canadian geese flying in formation" means?What does "marching in formation" mean?