Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

to look at; to concern; to relate to; to esteem; to appreciate; to consider
extend
regard
survive
penalize
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

Idiom: Go climb a tree

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forums | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms
This wapsite is designed specially for your mobile phone | Expression: If buyer wants the order to be active
listening exercisestell a friend
Idiom: Go climb a tree #1 (permalink) Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:42 am   Idiom: Go climb a tree

Hi,
when we use this idiom?" Go climb a tree"

Thanks a lot for your help,
Samira
Flower***
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

Go climb a tree #2 (permalink) Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:58 am   Go climb a tree

Flower*** wrote:
Hi,

Thanks a lot for your help,
Samira

Hello, I am 'The French', I'm not a teacher, but I think you can use it with children.

Have a nice day.

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Start exploring the English language today! Subscribe to free email English course
Go climb a tree #3 (permalink) Sat Aug 22, 2009 13:11 pm   Go climb a tree

Flower*** wrote:
It means "go away and stop bothering me." The person doesn't want someone to actually climb a tree.

"Go climb a tree" is like several other American expressions or idioms: Go jump in the lake. Take a flying leap. Take a long walk off a short pier. Go fly a kite. Go chase yourself. And here's a really old one -- Go to grass and eat hay.

They all mean "go away, leave me alone."

This wapsite is designed specially for your mobile phone | Expression: If buyer wants the order to be active
ESL Forums | English Vocabulary, Grammar and Idioms All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
scenery / scenes / landscape / landscapes?Collective Nouns in a sentencePhrase: you can do your little number on themI'm no orator, as Brutus is.using pronoun or notIdioms: Lay an egg, Go cold turkeyWhat is the meaning of "get rid off"?What does "I dos" phrase mean in the following two articles?Sentence: It was then the church bells began to ring, telling brides-to-be...Incredibly useful business vocabulary for ESL studentsSequence of tenses: I saw that the postman dropped some letters in our letter...Expression: "get my share"'repulsive in appearance and action and is barely human'