person employed to deliver official dispatches or go on special errands
circumstance
messenger
equity
propensity

What does 'in stitches' mean?

What does "to pull your socks up" mean? | under dispute vs. in dispute
What does 'in stitches' mean? #1 (permalink) Sat Aug 22, 2009 22:11 pm   What does 'in stitches' mean?

"Mike is one of the most humorous individuals I have ever met. He had my husband and I in ......... all night," Lilly said to Beth.

(a) hilarity
(b) stitches
(c) hyperventilation
(d) cramps

"Mike is one of the most humorous individuals I have ever met. He had my husband and I in stitches all night," Lilly said to Beth.

Correct answer: (b) stiches

"Mike is one of the most humorous individuals I have ever met. He had my husband and I in cramps all night," Lilly said to Beth.
_________________________

It should be "in stitches", right?, not "in stitches"

Starr
Starr

What does 'in stitches' mean? #2 (permalink) Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:52 am   What does 'in stitches' mean?

Yes, it should be 'in stitches' (= laughing hard). We'll fix the spelling on the answer sheet, thank you.
_________________

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
What does 'in general' mean?Who is the first person engage in entrepreneurship?What will happen to the bond's price and to its yield to maturity?What does the "Q" stand for in "John Q. Public"?I marked teeth but button shows another answer,...What does 'procedure' mean?I want to become a writer, bless you!Is coffee a harmful drug?What is meaning of "the right-of-way?Meaning of "Pass on"What does "all blue skies" mean?Expression: Go to answerWhat is "Canadian geese flying in formation" means?