entertaining; distracting; deflecting; amusing
nautical
callous
imminent
diverting

Do you agree or disagree, newspaper is better than TV?

TOEFL® Speaking Practice #1 | Please review my paragraph!
Do you agree or disagree, newspaper is better than TV? #1 (permalink) Tue Aug 25, 2009 16:14 pm   Do you agree or disagree, newspaper is better than TV?

There are many ways to obtain news and information. But people tend to prefer the way which can get the news immediately, is more convenient and has more options for choosing. In this case, TV is a better means to get news than newspaper.

First of all, TV broadcast is able to spread the news at once and also can amend some wrong information immediately. Some people are used to turn on the TV in the morning while they are having breakfast, so that they can get the latest new in the day. It is also very convenient for learning the weather. I had an experience once that I did not watch TV news in the morning, instead I read the newspaper. When I got to the school, I found out that school was closed on that day due to the destruction which was made by typhoon the day before.

Secondly, TV is more convenient and easier for people to understand. With subtitle, pictures and reporter, TV news can be understood just in a few seconds. Especially for those people who could not read or elder people whose eyes are not good, TV is the best tools for them to get new information. In addition, for many ordinary workers who are often rush in the morning, compare to newspaper, TV takes less time to understand.

Last, TV offers more options of various news. People are mostly fond in choices. Watching TV can satisfy this requirement. Because there are many channels for options. Let’s say CNN doesn’t provide you the news you mostly concerning about, then you can always change a channel. But newspaper is published by one publication. The point of view and the news are somehow prejudice and limited. So in order to get a more comprehensive view, people can try many different channels to get the big picture.

In general, I personally think TV is better than newspaper, although TVs unlike newspaper are portable and has no time limited, which has the advantages that people can read them whenever they want. But I believe more people are fond in getting news from TVs due to its efficiency, convenience and easy understanding!

***Please give me any comment on my essay. I would be highly appreciated!***

TOEFL listening lectures: A university lecture in Political Science
Achieve110

hi, #2 (permalink) Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:41 am   hi,

i read your essay, its really impressive, i need to know your name though, Achieve 110, but i need to know your real name so i could give your reference in my essay
Pakhome

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemHave you read a good anecdote today? Subscribe to free email English course
Do you agree or disagree, newspaper is better than TV? #3 (permalink) Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:07 am   Do you agree or disagree, newspaper is better than TV?

I feel that "Let’s say" should appear in speaking eng while "For eg" or "... would be an justification example for this point" should substitute it in writing eng
Weifeng0715

Do you agree or disagree, newspaper is better than TV? #4 (permalink) Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:52 am   Do you agree or disagree, newspaper is better than TV?

You are correct that 'klet's say' is conversational', but
"for example" not "for eg". Only use 'e.g.' if you are not going to use 'for'.
"... would be an example justifying/to justify this point."
_________________

please evaluate my essay. Mr Alan or Mr Kitos, plplease evaluate my essayCan somebody please give suggestions for my essayPlease correct my essayPls, rate my essay and give some advice, thx![TOEFL® essay] personal appearance and fashion-please review it for me, thanks allBarron's TOEFL® IBT: Internet-based Testpleasee someone clarify this doubtWould you mind helping me with my essay? pleasepleezz rate my essayyHow do someone start TOEFL® essayHelping a friend learn English Just wanted to ask a quick question or twoplease help correct my essay, thanks!