Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

business arrangement; client; funds deposited in a bank
trash
extract
account
comfort
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

If you should need someone?

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
Slipped my mind | Meaning of buds
listening exercisestell a friend
If you should need someone? #1 (permalink) Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:40 pm   If you should need someone?

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #737 "Boat/Sailing Common Phrases (1)", question 4

I'm sorry that you are getting divorced. I just got a divorce last year so now we're in the ......... boat. I know exactly how you feel right now and I'll be there for you if you someone to lean on during this difficult time.

(a) equal
(b) ruined
(c) same
(d) loose

English Language Tests, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #737 "Boat/Sailing Common Phrases (1)", answer 4

I'm sorry that you are getting divorced. I just got a divorce last year so now we're in the same boat. I know exactly how you feel right now and I'll be there for you if you someone to lean on during this difficult time.

Correct answer: (c) same

"I'll be there for you if you someone to lean on during this difficult time."

In the above quoted clause, I think it should read: "...if you should need someone to lean on..."

"...if you someone to...' does it sound logically correct? I am not sure, hence, posting it here. Thanks!
Indiansoil
You can meet me at english-test.net

If you should need someone? #2 (permalink) Thu Sep 03, 2009 13:15 pm   If you should need someone?

Yes, that's right. We'll change it as soon as possible. Many thanks for pointing it out.

TOEFL listening discussions: What does an unlimited parking pass include?
Torsten
Learning Coach
Torsten Daerr

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Sign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
If you should need someone? #3 (permalink) Thu Sep 03, 2009 21:38 pm   If you should need someone?

I am glad to have heard from you, Torsten. I hope you still remember me. :)

Have a great time!
Indiansoil
You can meet me at english-test.net

If you should need someone? #4 (permalink) Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:13 am   If you should need someone?

Yes Devarishi, of course I remember you.
Regards,
Torsten

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between a student and a university service representative
Torsten
Learning Coach
Torsten Daerr

Slipped my mind | Meaning of buds
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
Present simple after 'when'?What does 'knock on' mean here?inside vs sideWhat does in the hour mean?What does mortgage and pre-approved mean?What does bounsed a check and NSF mean?Application of Financial Management in the business environment of Pakistan?what is butcher?'On hand' = 'in stock'Meaning of "wrappin one's head around of something"What does "well-off" mean?Phrase: What are you making for Thanksgiving dinner this year?Expression: "the same size as"