coach; buggy; transportation
surprise
carriage
statement
pioneer

What is the meaning of "just over" and "just then"?

'on the direction' versus 'on the course' | What does dishwasher mean?
What is the meaning of "just over" and "just then"? #1 (permalink) Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:43 pm   What is the meaning of "just over" and "just then"?

ESL/EFL Test #187 "Idioms and expressions with 'just': 'just about', 'just before'", question 2

Well, I am ......... 2 months in now with my new venture, and business is still going strong.

(a) just as
(b) just over
(c) just after
(d) just then

ESL/EFL Test #187 "Idioms and expressions with 'just': 'just about', 'just before'", answer 2

Well, I am just over 2 months in now with my new venture, and business is still going strong.

Correct answer: (b) just over
_________________________

Juid

What is the meaning of "just over" and "just then"? #2 (permalink) Fri Sep 04, 2009 13:05 pm   What is the meaning of "just over" and "just then"?

'Just over' suggests a little more than something, often used with weight and time as in: It will be just over six weeks before you get a reply = You will get a reply in a little more than six weeks.

'Just then' suggests a moment ago/before as in: I heard a knock on the door just then = I heard a knock on the door a little while ago, a few moments ago.

_________________

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
What is the meaning of "just over" and "just then"? #3 (permalink) Thu Nov 10, 2011 13:32 pm   What is the meaning of "just over" and "just then"?

business is still going strong=business is still going very well or in a intense way?

What is the meaning of "just over" and "just then"? #4 (permalink) Thu Nov 10, 2011 18:39 pm   What is the meaning of "just over" and "just then"?

yes - it's going very well and there are no significant problems.
_________________

to work twelve-hour shiftstest questionssome lines about King Arthur's timeMissing spacecamera-happy?Missing spaceMissing spacesautomatic everythingwhat is difference knocked up & knocked off ?How is hard-pressed different from hard-core?What does 'cold hard cash' mean?What does "Comeback kid" mean?Meaning of hard-bitten