in abundance; fertile; highly productive
teeming
bucolic
cadaverous
sagacious

TOEFLŪ essay: Qualities of a good friend

In some countries, teenagers have jobs while they are still students. | TOEFLŪ essay: Nowadays, what is the role of a teacher?
TOEFL essay: Qualities of a good friend #1 (permalink) Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:44 am   TOEFL essay: Qualities of a good friend

What do you want most in a friend- someone who is intelligent, or someone who has a sense of humor, or someone who is reliable? Which one of these characteristics is most important to you?

It is quite common that people have friends with a same intelligent level. Others choose their friends because of the sense of humor or reliability. Which one of these qualities is the most important? This is a very important issue, because friends are a valuable part of your life. However, in my opinion, the most important characteristic of friends is reliability. In the following essay, I will explain my choice.

First of all, the first advantage of having a reliable friend has to do with money. I can advance money to all my friends due to I know that I will get the money back. These is very helpful in many circumstances, because everybody will get into a situation in which he or she needs money. For example, you meet your friends in order to watch a movie in cinema. Unfortunately, one of your friends forgot their money. In this situation, you only have two opportunities; you can advance money to your friend or you can watch the movie alone. If you know that your friend is very reliable, you will give him or her money without hesitate, so that you and your friends are able to enjoy the movie together.

Secondly, a reliable friend means also that your friend is always there for you. There are many situation in which it is very beneficial to have a friend you can talk about problems and worries. For instance, if you have some problems with your girlfriend, discussions with your friend is the best way to manage these problems. Additionally, a reliable friend will keep a secret, so that you can talk about everything without being scared that others find out something about your conversation.

Finally, a reliable friend helps you to save time. Let me explain this. If you want to meet your friend at a certain time, a reliable friend will be on time there. Everybody knows the situation in which he or she has to wait for a person a long time, so that he/she is very dissatisfied with the person, because of the lost time. Therefore, I think a reliable friend is very beneficial.

In conclusion, I am convinced that the most important quality of a good friend is reliability. A friend without these characteristic will not be longer my friend. Persons who are not able to be reliable are unacceptable as friends.

Thank you for rating!!!

Cheers,
Jimmy

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between two students at the library
J1m_My18

TOEFLŪ essay writing structureThe value of any nation's success should be measured more by its scientific...Countries should not isolate themselves from the world but instead engage otherAgree or disagree? The best way to travel is in a group led by a tour guide.Believe or not something about essay in TOEFLŪSome people believe that university students should be required to attend classesSeeking jobsTOEFLŪ reading - how many can I get wrong yet still score 30 out of 30A zoo has no useful purpose.Some people prefer to spend their free time outdoors.High school should allow students to study the courses that students want to...College time is the best time in person's life. Agree or disagree?TOEFLŪ essay sample: What are some qualities of good parent?