state of mind; predominant emotion
patience
serve
mood
infant

contortionist vs. juggler

Meaning of "Invariably Poirots calls all the suspicions together..." | What are the corporate social responsibilities taken up by retail market?
contortionist vs. juggler #1 (permalink) Mon Sep 28, 2009 14:33 pm   contortionist vs. juggler

ESL/EFL Test #742 "Real Life: Circus Terms (1)", question 8

A ......... is perfomer who throws and catches various items without ever dropping any of them. Often more and more items are attempted at the same time or this person throws and catches the same items in different ways.

(a) ringmaster
(b) acrobat
(c) juggler
(d) contortionist

ESL/EFL Test #742 "Real Life: Circus Terms (1)", answer 8

A contortionist is perfomer who throws and catches various items without ever dropping any of them. Often more and more items are attempted at the same time or this person throws and catches the same items in different ways.

Correct answer: (d) contortionist

A juggler is perfomer who throws and catches various items without ever dropping any of them. Often more and more items are attempted at the same time or this person throws and catches the same items in different ways.
_________________________

There is a mix-up here. It gives the wrong ''correct'' answer.
VioletaNicoleta

contortionist vs. juggler #2 (permalink) Mon Sep 28, 2009 14:38 pm   contortionist vs. juggler

Many thanks for that. We'll correct asap.

TOEIC listening, photographs: Waterfall

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
contortionist vs. juggler #3 (permalink) Mon Sep 28, 2009 14:41 pm   contortionist vs. juggler

You're welcome :) and thank you for doing what you do :)
VioletaNicoleta

what's the meaning of scarecrows?What does aftretaste mean?Phrase 'Make yourself comfortable'what is commercial accounting? its importance and purpose?Meaning of "physical supply chain"Why the prep "at" isn't suitable?I am unsure but is it possible that 'my' should in fact be "me"?What is the meaning of gasket?"I am at hire" vs "I am for hire""out at sea" vs "out for sea"Difference between skating and skiingWhat's the meaning of batting an eyelid?What do you mean by Joneses?