shape having three sides and three corners; group of three
floor
employer
triangle
house

Phrase 'Make yourself comfortable'

what is commercial accounting? its importance and purpose? | What does 'to get on' mean? Is it a phrasal verb?
Phrase 'Make yourself comfortable' #1 (permalink) Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:16 am   Phrase 'Make yourself comfortable'

Business Idiom in English, Intermediate level

ESL/EFL Test #129 "Ways of greeting", question 2

Welcome to our house. Come in and make yourself ..........

(a) comfortable
(b) easy
(c) relaxing
(d) comforting

ESL/EFL Test #129 "Ways of greeting", answer 2

Welcome to our house. Come in and make yourself comfortable.

Correct answer: (a) comfortable
_________________________

can i know what is the explaination from it?
Oma
Oma

Phrase 'Make yourself comfortable' #2 (permalink) Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:30 am   Phrase 'Make yourself comfortable'

'Make yourself comfortable' is a fixed phrase upon welcoming someone to your home or office.
_________________

Learn to use the present simple with the help of this short storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
what's the meaning of scarecrows?Can't we use 'get on' instead of 'come on', what's the defference between them?What does aftretaste mean?What are the corporate social responsibilities taken up by retail market?contortionist vs. jugglerMeaning of "physical supply chain"Why the prep "at" isn't suitable?I am unsure but is it possible that 'my' should in fact be "me"?"I am at hire" vs "I am for hire""out at sea" vs "out for sea"What do you mean by Joneses?There is no doubt at all?What do you mean HOW?