prop; brace; economic assistance; upkeep; encouragement; aid
selection
decrease
environment
support

What's the difference between timetable and schedule?

What is the difference between "chance" and "opportunity"? | a computer monitor vs a computer pattern
What's the difference between timetable and schedule? #1 (permalink) Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:26 am   What's the difference between timetable and schedule?

Common Errors in English, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #7 "At the Meeting", question 10

We don't have a regular timetable, we simply meet periodic if and when there appear to be enough items to justify drawing up an agenda.

(a) timetable
(b) periodic
(c) there appear
(d) to justify

ESL/EFL Test #7 "At the Meeting", answer 10

We don't have a regular timetable, we simply meet periodically if and when there appear to be enough items to justify drawing up an agenda.

Correct entry: periodically
The error was: (b) periodic
_________________________

what's the difference between; timetable and schedule?
Lotinmaxceau

Location: Cayes, HAITI

What's the difference between timetable and schedule? #2 (permalink) Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:01 am   What's the difference between timetable and schedule?

A timetable is a schedule of times.
_________________

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
What's the difference between timetable and schedule? #3 (permalink) Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:39 am   What's the difference between timetable and schedule?

I think they are same meaning in which "timetable" is mostly used in UK and "schedule" is American style! Am I correct?

Hieu.
_________________
Thank you very much,
Hieu Phan.

P/s: Please just correct if I'm wrong somewhere!
Hieupt

What's the difference between timetable and schedule? #4 (permalink) Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:54 am   What's the difference between timetable and schedule?

Both are common AmE words; see my previous post.
_________________

What does 'trustworthy' mean?run after is to chaseMay I use anything in positive sentence?look through vs look overthen I pick the word "local " to complete it like newspaperI think I can use either "Use or employ"In that case, which is the best to use? Actual, factual or...Can "time" be an option besides "chance" here?Definition of standard practice procedure for home inspectorsWhat is the difference between adverbs and adjectives?What is an appliance?Is fortuitous a noun or an adjective?What's the diference between right away and straighaway?