Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

prop; brace; economic assistance; upkeep; encouragement; aid
selection
decrease
environment
support
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

What's the difference between timetable and schedule?

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests)
What is the difference between "chance" and "opportunity"? | a computer monitor vs a computer pattern
listening exercisestell a friend
What's the difference between timetable and schedule? #1 (permalink) Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:26 am   What's the difference between timetable and schedule?

Common Errors in English, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #7 "At the Meeting", question 10

We don't have a regular timetable, we simply meet periodic if and when there appear to be enough items to justify drawing up an agenda.

(a) timetable
(b) periodic
(c) there appear
(d) to justify

Common Errors in English, Advanced Level

ESL/EFL Test #7 "At the Meeting", answer 10

We don't have a regular timetable, we simply meet periodically if and when there appear to be enough items to justify drawing up an agenda.

Correct entry: periodically
The error was: (b) periodic

what's the difference between; timetable and schedule?
Lotinmaxceau
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

What's the difference between timetable and schedule? #2 (permalink) Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:01 am   What's the difference between timetable and schedule?

A timetable is a schedule of times.

Learn all about English adverbs in this amusing storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is how you can learn English the fun way! Click to subscribe to free email English course
What's the difference between timetable and schedule? #3 (permalink) Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:39 am   What's the difference between timetable and schedule?

I think they are same meaning in which "timetable" is mostly used in UK and "schedule" is American style! Am I correct?

Thanks,
Hieu.

P/s: Please just correct if I'm wrong somewhere!
Hieupt
I'm here quite often ;-)

What's the difference between timetable and schedule? #4 (permalink) Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:54 am   What's the difference between timetable and schedule?

Both are common AmE words; see my previous post.

What is the difference between "chance" and "opportunity"? | a computer monitor vs a computer pattern
ESL Forums | English Teacher Explanations (ESL Tests) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
What does 'trustworthy' mean?run after is to chaseMay I use anything in positive sentence?look through vs look overthen I pick the word "local " to complete it like newspaperI think I can use either "Use or employ"In that case, which is the best to use? Actual, factual or...Can "time" be an option besides "chance" here?Definition of standard practice procedure for home inspectorsWhat is the difference between adverbs and adjectives?What is an appliance?Is fortuitous a noun or an adjective?What's the diference between right away and straighaway?