Google
English-Test.net
Find penpals and make new friends today!

report of recent events; information about previously unknown facts
offence
meaning
quotation
news
full quiz correct answer

Username
Password
 Remember me? 
Search   Album   FAQ   Memberlist   Profile   Private messages   Register   Log in 

How to identify a main idea of a paragraph

ESL/EFL Worksheets and Handouts for Students Printable, photocopiable, clearly structured
Designed for teachers and individual learners
For use in a classroom, at home, on your PC
ESL Forums | What do you want to talk about?
How can I learn English fast? | The future of New Orleans
listening exercisestell a friend
How to identify a main idea of a paragraph #1 (permalink) Thu Sep 29, 2005 13:55 pm   How to identify a main idea of a paragraph

Can anyone tell me how to identify the main idea of a paragraph? Please provide me with a few examples.

Thank you
Rosko1234
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

What is it about? #2 (permalink) Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:05 am   What is it about?

Hi Nikolay,

To find out the main idea of a paragraph you should carefully read it and then answer this question: "What is this text about?"
If you like you can post a short text here and we can do this exercise together.
Regards
Torsten

TOEIC listening, question-response: Are you going to the Christmas party?
Torsten
Learning Coach
Torsten Daerr

Can you find all the prepositions in this story?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Learn how to explore English words! Subscribe to free email English course
How to identify a main idea of a paragraph #3 (permalink) Thu Oct 13, 2005 15:45 pm   How to identify a main idea of a paragraph

Thank you for your help offer. I and a friend of mine are already doing this type of an exercise so I would not need your help. Thank you for offering me help anyway.

Nik
Rosko1234
I'm new here and I like it ;-)

How can I learn English fast? | The future of New Orleans
ESL Forums | What do you want to talk about? All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1
Latest topics on ESL EFL Forums
Coaching over teachingIntonation and meaningWhere can I find information about studying abroad?You can use BBC web for learning thatThis Month's NewsletterWhat are your favorite Internet chat programs?How can I get my own placement testClass room ideas?Cambridge CAEHow can I work with my ESL students? Any ideas for my ESL classroom?Provocative topic? Interesting topic? Any topic?British currencies?Can you advise me please?