entire; complete; absolute
meticulous
total
daily
able

Vocabulary: Diction and Pronunciation

ESL Forum | Listening, speaking, pronunciation and accent training
How can I get the Audio CD or MP3 form of the English Grammar through Stories | How do you pronounce wordprocessing?
Vocabulary: Diction and Pronunciation #1 (permalink) Mon Oct 12, 2009 17:32 pm   Vocabulary: Diction and Pronunciation

Hi Alan.

Vocabulary:Diction & Pronunciation

1. Please explain the meaning between diction and pronunciation?

2.Is there any difference of meaning between diction and prounuciation?

3.How do we use it in forming a sentence to show the difference in meaning?

Lee
Laimeai2006

Vocabulary: Diction and Pronunciation #2 (permalink) Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:29 am   Vocabulary: Diction and Pronunciation

Of course they are different things:)
Pronunciation is how you pronounce words, how they sound like, e.g. "read" you can pronounce as [rid] when it's the present tense, or as [red] when it's the past tense.
Diction, however, is how clearly someone can speak or sing. If you don't understand words in a song (in a language you perfectly know) you can say a singer has a bad diction. Diction can refers to words and to whole sentences as well.

Hope it helped.
Violino

Location: Poland Gdynia

What do you know about the progressive forms?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
ESL Forum | Listening, speaking, pronunciation and accent training All times are GMT + 1 Hour
kilometer, termometer, parameterWhen you people will speak?How do you pronounce the word 'leisure'?How do you pronounce the word 'versus'?It's me: AnnaShould films and television be censored or not?How do you pronounce the name Wimbledon?Pronunciation with "a"Praticing pronunciation: Let's exchange on the news of the day.Pronunciation of Ray-banHow do you pronounce the word 'issue'?Hi, Mr Torsten. Can you correct my pronunciation.How to pronounce the American 'j'?