mark; symbol; indication; hint; trace; notice; advertisement
part
candidate
sign
messenger

How can I learn English fast?

Is there any difference? | How to identify a main idea of a paragraph
How can I learn English fast? #1 (permalink) Thu Oct 06, 2005 0:38 am   How can I learn English fast?

I've been reading all kinds of posts and so I decided to write something,too.I'm kind of dissapointed by my english.After two years in the United States I feel like I haven't learned much,I mean,I improved a lot since I left high school,but compared to what I read on these forums from all of you, I am ashamed.My english is very poor and it's very sad,because I like english and I have been studying for long long time.So,I was wondering how you started,if you studied in England or you just have better schools in your country...or you just study a lot?You all seem very advanced.I took some tests to find out my level of english,most of them about 70-80%,but If I had to pick a topic and talk about it,I would most likely fail.I'd like to improve,but not from books-from real life.Is there anybody who feels the same way?

thank you Dolly
Dolly

My story #2 (permalink) Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:37 am   My story

oh, I think I am like you ... I can do the test well but I don't think I am really good at English, because there are still too many things for me to learn.
Tortoise

How do you use the English Prepositions correctly?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Read these English anecdotes and maybe smile today? Subscribe to free email English course
My story #3 (permalink) Fri Oct 07, 2005 19:11 pm   My story

I think that it's a problem for everybody wh learn English as a second or third language. It's not impossible to know English as a native one and there're a lot of things to learn for a great number of people. So, I think that's normal that one doesn't know some things...
_________________
Your Jailbird
Jailbird

Location: Russia, Moscow

Coaching over teachingIntonation and meaningWhere can I find information about studying abroad?You can use BBC web for learning thatThis Month's NewsletterThe future of New OrleansHow can I get my own placement testClass room ideas?Cambridge CAEHow can I work with my ESL students? Any ideas for my ESL classroom?Provocative topic? Interesting topic? Any topic?British currencies?Communicative Language Teaching