dull and commonplace remark; banality; superficiality; commonplace
harbinger
onus
platitude
plebiscite

Whether we should keep trying and never stop working towards achieving goals

TOEFL® essay: Physical exercise should be required... | Whether the universities should provide scholarships to talented students in...
Whether we should keep trying and never stop working towards achieving goals #1 (permalink) Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:19 am   Whether we should keep trying and never stop working towards achieving goals

The topic under discussion is whether we should keep trying and never stop working towards achieving goals until we achieve them or leave them when we lose hope. In my opinion one should never give up working towards achieving goals. This is because everything in the world cannot be achieved by simple procedure .In the present competitive world survival of fittest is a key factor.

First reason I think we should never give up things is the self confidence. No matter what ever a person does self confidence always plays an important role in the end result. If a person is not confident of what he is doing then there is every possibility of facing defeat. If we start accepting defeat then self confidence also dips. Instead with every defeat one should build their confidence levels so that it acts as catalyst in the quest for success. For example in the history many great personalities have achieved success after so many failures.Thoms Alva Edison, who invented electric bulb was able to succeed only after failing hundred odd times. If at that time Edison would have given up then we might not be able to enjoy the luxury of electricity today. So one has to never give up in achieving their goals.

Second reason I believe in phrase never ever give up is the trying out the things. This is considered as important step in achieving goals. In a way this is input if we consider process of achieving goals as a system. With out input we cannot output(Goal achievement).So even if things go wrong for a couple of times, one should learn from mistakes and add that error correction to input(trying things) so that goals can be achievable. For example if a student is trying to get admission in to a university and for the first time he fails, then he should learn the mistake and try applying second time. If students don’t apply second time then there is no chance of getting admission. To sum up the output of system depends on input and the feedback. Because of this I think one should never give up in life.

Finally I think every one will have their own limitations. The skill and endurance level varies from person to person. So one has to mix and match the goals according to their abilities and then try throwing balls in the hoops. We should never ever give up goals in life just because we cannot achieve them at one shot. We should keep on trying until goals are accomplished.

TOEFL listening lectures: A university lecture on agriculture
Sandy_321

toefl@essay #2 (permalink) Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:13 am   toefl@essay

The topic under discussion is whether we should keep trying, and never stop working towards achieving goals until we (do) achieve them, or leave them when we lose hope. In my opinion one should never give up working towards achieving goals. This is because everything in the world cannot be achieved by (one) simple procedure. In the present competitive world survival of (the) fittest is a key factor.

First reason I think we should never give up things is, self confidence.
No matter (whatever) a person does, self confidence always plays an important role in the end result.
If a person is not confident of what he is doing then there is every possibility of facing defeat.
If we start accepting defeat then (our) self confidence also dips.
Instead, with every defeat one should build their confidence levels so that it acts as (a) catalyst in the quest for success.

For example, in history many great personalities have achieved success after so many failures.
Thomas Alva Edison, who invented (the) electric (light) bulb, was able to succeed only after failing hundred(s) (of) times. If at that time Edison (had) given up, then we might not be able to enjoy the luxury of electricity today. So one has to never give up in achieving their goals.

Second reason, I believe in (the) phrase; "Never ever give up".
This (should be) considered as (an) important step in achieving (one's)goals.
In a way this is input if we consider (the) process of achieving goals as a system.
(Without) input we cannot (have) output (Goal achievement).

So even if things go wrong a couple of times, one should learn from mistakes and add that error correction to input (experimenting) so that goals can be (made) achievable.

For example, if a student is trying to get admission (into) a university, and the first (attempt) he fails, then he should learn (from) the mistake and try applying (a) second time.
If students don’t apply (a) second time then there is no chance (at all) of (gaining) admission.

To sum up, the output of (a) system depends on (the) input and the feedback.
Because of this I think one should never give up in life.

Finally, I think every one (has) their own limitations. The skill and endurance level varies from person to person. So one has to mix and match the goals according to their abilities .
We should never ever give up (our) goals in life just because we cannot achieve them (after) one (attempt). We should keep on trying until (our)goals are (accomplished/achieved/attained).

Nice essay Sandy. (25)
_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemThis newsletter tells you all about English! Subscribe to free email English course
Why do some students study abroad?Reasons why people work other than earning a livingGrades encourage student to learn.TOEFL® Essay: Sydney Opera HouseEssay: The last time the God was seenWhether the school teachers should be evaluated by students or not.When people move to another country, some of them decide to follow the customssuccess in life comes from taking risks or chance / careful planningTOEFL® essay sample: Why Movie/TV are so popular over the world?One thing representing your country to an international exhibition, what would...Should high school students be paid in exchange for good attendance and...Some people believe that success in life comes from taking risks or chances.Topic: Some believe that the Earth is being harmed by human activity