maybe; possibly; could be
perhaps
certainly
hard
above

Launched a new campaign

Lead up the garden path? | Out of earshot
Launched a new campaign #1 (permalink) Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:34 pm   Launched a new campaign

Test No. incompl/advan-3 "Credit Card Holders", question 3

The animal rights organisation has ......... a new campaign to make people aware of cruelty to animals.

(a) launched
(b) pursued
(c) offered
(d) ejected

Test No. incompl/advan-3 "Credit Card Holders", answer 3

The animal rights organisation has launched a new campaign to make people aware of cruelty to animals.

Correct answer: (a) launched

The animal rights organisation has pursued a new campaign to make people aware of cruelty to animals.
_________________________

why pursued? Thanks
Nkodian1

Launched a new campaign #2 (permalink) Sat Oct 08, 2005 16:14 pm   Launched a new campaign

Pursued is incorrect; the answer is launched, meaning begun. The formal beginning of many projects and efforts are expressed with this word, which was earlier associated with ships:

The Titanic was launched in 1912.
A new IT company is launched somewhere in the world every 37 minutes
.
_________________

In this story you'll learn how to use the English articlesEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
Near vs. nearlyIdiom: loud and clearThey settled in a small villageMeaning of: 'Welcome back everybody in this session'I don't understand vs. I do not understandNative vs. inhabitantPhrasal verb: use upHe is like a fish out of waterWhich way the cat is going to jumpPhrasal verb: make forWhole sentence meaningAggravate vs. accumulateDifference between anticipate and imagine