very important; critical; decisive; vital
pleased
crucial
prior
remote

Meaning of: 'Welcome back everybody in this session'

I don't understand vs. I do not understand | Idiom: loud and clear
Meaning of: 'Welcome back everybody in this session' #1 (permalink) Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:49 am   Meaning of: 'Welcome back everybody in this session'

Test No. incompl/elem-18 "Making an Appointment", question 1

Welcome back ......... in this session - we're going to take a look at some of the vocabulary we used in session 2.

(a) somebody
(b) everybody
(c) anybody
(d) nobody

Test No. incompl/elem-18 "Making an Appointment", answer 1

Welcome back everybody in this session - we're going to take a look at some of the vocabulary we used in session 2.

Correct answer: (b) everybody
_________________________

WHAT IS THE MEANNING OF THIS SENTENCE?

YANNY
YANNY

Welcome back everybody in this session #2 (permalink) Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:08 am   Welcome back everybody in this session

The teacher is welcoming the students back to a subsequent class or program. They were previously attending 'session 2', a previous class, together.
_________________

Learn some cool expressions in the following cool storyEnglish grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!Here is all you want to know about English! Click to subscribe to free email English course
Punctuation #3 (permalink) Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:13 am   Punctuation

What is the meaning of this sentence?

This is the sentence in question.
The problem is not with the words but with the use of punctuation marks.

This should have been this way:

Welcome back everybody - in this session, we're going to take a look at some of the vocabulary we used in session 2.
Narayanan

Narayanan Krishnaswamy

Location: Coimbatore, India

Punctuation #4 (permalink) Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:23 am   Punctuation

This should have been this way:

Narayanan

[/quote][/quote]
----------------------
I don't think so. It has changed the meaning.

In the original sentence the speaker simply wants to say hello to all the students who take part in this sessions (= those who probably took part in the previous ones).

Kasia
Katarzyna

Location: Warsaw, Poland

Breaking glass vs. broken glassAppearing vs. apparentlyAirlines and departuresEconomical vs. economicFuture after whenCrybaby or cry baby?Near vs. nearlyThey settled in a small villageNative vs. inhabitantPhrasal verb: use upOut of earshotLaunched a new campaignHe is like a fish out of water