to punish through public criticism; to scold; to reprimand
promulgate
incarcerate
abdicate
castigate

TOEFL® essay: Should high school students have a part-time job?

I prefer several short vacations to long one. | toefl® essay:People attend college or university for many different reasons
TOEFL essay: Should high school students have a part-time job? #1 (permalink) Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:10 am   TOEFL essay: Should high school students have a part-time job?

Should high school students have a part-time job?
---------------
Nowadays, there are more and more students choose to have a part-time job in the spare time. Surely, a par-time job can provide cash and working experience to them. But, as far as I am concerned, the high school students should not be encouraged to take a part-time job due to the following reasons.

To begin with, students in high schools are still too young to enter the work force. Usually a student in high school still lack of requisite abilities to make one's own living as well as to handle the problems coming from society and objective world. According to scientific surveys that teenagers have a very high possibility to be forced or exploited to do some things they don't want to do. That’s why, in many countries, laws are enacted to prevent teenagers from working, which aim to protect their rights of studying and growing healthily and enjoying happy childhood. Obviously, we have the common acquaintance that high school students should focus on studying instead of having a part-time job.

Besides, a part-time job would occupy high school students a lot of precious time, which should be used to learn systematic knowledge and living skills in class without worries of work stress and frustration. Also the high schools provide students a community to fit in the real world, so that students can develop these necessary qualities and skills. I think it's definitely not a wise option to take a part-time job in exchange of losing some parts of such important opportunities of education.

What’s more, students in high school should get prepared to further their education in college, which could benefit them a lot. It’s known to almost everyone that to become a college is one of the important ways to change one’s life. On the contrary, a worker with only a high school diploma will have more difficulty in employment and promotion and a lot other issues in this era.

In conclusion, I think our government and society should pay more attention to make sure that high school students could be able to have the best education without distraction of misleading and material addiction.
---------
Total: 30 minutes (exclude the time spent on thinking and revising); 350 words
My last essay before TOEFL test.

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between two students in their dormitory during registration week
_________________
It will sure be a lot of fun here to make friends with you guys.
Naiverock

Location: Hangzhou, PRC

TOEFL essay: Should high school students have a part-time job? #2 (permalink) Thu Nov 12, 2009 13:00 pm   TOEFL essay: Should high school students have a part-time job?

Nowadays, there are more and more students choosING to have a part-time job in theIR spare time. Surely, a parT-time job can provide cash and working experience FOR them, but as far as I am concerned, the high school students should not be encouraged to take a part-time job due to the following reasons.

To begin with, students in high schools are still too young to enter the work-force. Usually a student in high school still lackS THE requisite abilities to make one's own living as well as to handle the problems coming from society and AN objective world.

According to scientific surveys, teenagers have a very high possibility to be forced or exploited to do some things they don't want to do.
That’s why, in many countries, laws are enacted to prevent teenagers from working.

LAWS WHOSE aim IS to protect their rights of studying and growing healthily and enjoying AN happy childhood.
Obviously, we have the common OPINION that high-school students should focus on studying instead of having a part-time job.

Besides, a part-time job would occupy high school students precious time.
TIME which should be used to ACQUIRE systematic knowledge and living skills in class, without worries of work stress and frustration.

Also high schools provide students WITH a community to fit in the real world, so that students can develop these necessary qualities and skills.
I think it's definitely not a wise option to take a part-time job in exchange of losing some parts of such important opportunities of education.

What’s more, students in high-school should get prepared to further their education in college, which could benefit them a lot.
It’s known to almost everyone that to become a college GRADUATE is one of the MOST important ways to change one’s life.
On the contrary, a worker with only a high-school diploma will have more difficulty in FINDING employment and promotion, and MANY other issues in this era.

In conclusion, I think THAT our government and society should pay more attention, to make sure that high school students SHOULD be FREE to have the best education without distraction of misleading and material addiction.
---------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I wish you well Naiverock. You have worked long and hard. You deserve success.

_________________

TOEFL Prep Tests — Increase your Score with 120 free TOEFL Vocabulary TestsTOEFL Study Guide Guaranteed to Raise TOEFL scores without weeks and months of studying — View the Free ReportTOEFL Test Package — Learn the most difficult TOEFL vocabulary words you need to pass the TOEFL with these vocabulary tests and this unique flash card systemSign up for FREE and explore English! Click to subscribe to email English course
TOEFL essay: Should high school students have a part-time job? #3 (permalink) Thu Nov 12, 2009 13:36 pm   TOEFL essay: Should high school students have a part-time job?

Thank you, Kitos,
In order to master one specific language, there is still a long way for me to go.
Wish me lucky.
_________________
Naiverock

Location: Hangzhou, PRC

TOEFL essay: Should high school students have a part-time job? #4 (permalink) Thu Nov 12, 2009 15:53 pm   TOEFL essay: Should high school students have a part-time job?

Typical new oriental style..hah..
I really admire your grammer...I feel hear-broken of mine...
Anniehal

Location: Shanghai, china

TOEFL essay: Should high school students have a part-time job? #5 (permalink) Thu Nov 12, 2009 15:59 pm   TOEFL essay: Should high school students have a part-time job?

Good luck my dear!!!
I'm sure you'll succeed!!! :-)
Vahan

TOEFL essay: Should high school students have a part-time job? #6 (permalink) Thu Nov 12, 2009 16:50 pm   TOEFL essay: Should high school students have a part-time job?

I Wrote essey in this topic, please read it!!!:)
Vahan

TOEFL essay: Should high school students have a part-time job? #7 (permalink) Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:15 am   TOEFL essay: Should high school students have a part-time job?

please correction of error my writing

People attend college or university for many different reasons. Why do you think people attend college or university? Use reasons and examples to support your answer.

People attend college for a lot of reasons. I personally believe that the three most common reasons are career preparation get more and new experiences and increase their knowledge of themselves and of the world around them.
From my point of view career preparation is the primary reason that people attend college. These days, people who want to work for a company should learn skills before getting the job. As far as I am aware people want increase their opportunity in the future should learn skills in college and get degree.
On the other hand students can get new experiences. For instance for many it is the first time they are away from their home. Meanwhile they can learn from other students from other city. Moreover they can learn to live on their own and take care of themselves without being near their family and having parents help.
As well as students can increase their knowledge in college. They learn a lot with interact with their classmates. They also, of course have opportunity to learn about many subjects in their class.
In conclusion, these three reasons career preparation get more and new experiences and increase their knowledge can be appropriate reason people attend college.
Civilengineer

It’s better for children to grow up in the countryside than in a big city.What would you change in your school?Essay: The Super BowlHow do they rate the listening/reading questions?After you pass your TOEFL® exam.Children of todayAny comment is appriciate- Thanks.Higher school should require all students wear school uniforms.Please read my essayAny feedback is appriciate. Thanks.TOEFL® Official Guide Test Result in TOEFL® PointsQuestions about writing essays.Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Parents are the best teach