to stance
scan
pose
envision
overlap

Economical vs. economic

Crybaby or cry baby? | Airlines and departures
Economical vs. economic #1 (permalink) Fri Oct 14, 2005 0:35 am   Economical vs. economic

Test No. errors/advan-5 "At the Airport", question 2

If you are about to book a long haul flight to the other side of the world, it's a good idea to check for the most economic route.

(a) about
(b) it's
(c) check
(d) economic

Test No. errors/advan-5 "At the Airport", answer 2

If you are about to book a long haul flight to the other side of the world, it's a good idea to check for the most economical route.

Correct entry: economical
The error was: (d) economic
_________________________

ECONOMICAL
CESU

Economical vs. economic #2 (permalink) Fri Oct 14, 2005 5:10 am   Economical vs. economic

.
Yes, economical means inexpensive; economic is the adjective for economics, the science (or art).
.
_________________

Do you know how to use the relative pronoun?English grammar exercises — improve your English knowledge and vocabulary skillsAre you a native speaker of English? Then you should read this!How many different ways with words do you know? Subscribe to free email English course
Meet you face to faceBreaking glass vs. broken glassAppearing vs. apparentlyNeither rhyme nor reason - ShakespeareAt home vs. in the houseFuture after whenNear vs. nearlyIdiom: loud and clearThey settled in a small villageMeaning of: 'Welcome back everybody in this session'I don't understand vs. I do not understandNative vs. inhabitantDifference between matters and subject